Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car air conditioning refill

Options
  • 13-09-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what garages refill the car air conditioning with Gas in the Limerick area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Rapid autocare in cathedral place do it (around €90).
    Fast fit in cork or Galway were doing it for €50 (or €40 if you're an AXA customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,203 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just make sure that all you need is a refill and not that you have a leak or a knackered compressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Adrians garage out the dock rd in behind indespension will check it for u and top it up

V reasonable at about €80.00

Nolans in Henry Street do the refills for about €65 I think, but as last poster said be sure u dont have a leak first or its a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

I got this filled in Rapid auto care, I would NOT recommend them.

when I went I had to sign a disclaimer to say if there was a leak that I would have to still pay the €90, which I had no problem with, so I signed it and I had a leak so I paid them still no problem, so I had to get a new pipe and get it fitted, I got that done(not by them mind) so when I went back I was told Id have to sign another disclaimer in case there was another leak, I said I thought ye checked it for leaks already, no he said the gas stops at the first leak, so I told him I wasn't happy handing over another €90 FOR ANOTHER LEAK TEST that I was under the impression that they had done a leak teat from the start, I said I understand if there is a leak in the new pipe that its my problem but not for the rest of the pipes as you had done a leak test already so I got my keys back and went away.

anyway I was like a dog so I went back after about 10 minutes and said explain to me why you didnt do a leak test on all of the pipe system as Ive paid you to do that, that the way I understand it was that the gas is put in through a high pressure pipe and surely it has to go to the end of the pipe for the pressure to build up, he said no when we seen the leak we stopped. so I said then why did you charge me for gas that you didn't use, he then said that they used all the gas that when they put in the gas the pipe bust, so I said what!!!!!! your now telling me that you bust the pipe that there was no leak and he said no I meant a leak.

anyway to cut it short they didn't seem to give a ****e down there once they were getting their €90, so I went to pat Tiernan motors, no bull****, no disclaimers to sign and they done it for €85.

I would NOT recommend Rapid auto care for anything, their attitude has a lot to be desired Id stay well clear from them in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Hi, I would really appreciate info. re getting my hyundaI i30 (08) serviced in Limerick city.I want to get it done in Hyundai dealership on ballysimon road. Now I'm being told not to go there....
    Help please? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Beaver1 wrote: »
    I got this filled in Rapid auto care, I would NOT recommend them.

when I went I had to sign a disclaimer to say if there was a leak that I would have to still pay the €90, which I had no problem with, so I signed it and I had a leak so I paid them still no problem, so I had to get a new pipe and get it fitted, I got that done(not by them mind) so when I went back I was told Id have to sign another disclaimer in case there was another leak, I said I thought ye checked it for leaks already, no he said the gas stops at the first leak, so I told him I wasn't happy handing over another €90 FOR ANOTHER LEAK TEST that I was under the impression that they had done a leak teat from the start, I said I understand if there is a leak in the new pipe that its my problem but not for the rest of the pipes as you had done a leak test already so I got my keys back and went away.

anyway I was like a dog so I went back after about 10 minutes and said explain to me why you didnt do a leak test on all of the pipe system as Ive paid you to do that, that the way I understand it was that the gas is put in through a high pressure pipe and surely it has to go to the end of the pipe for the pressure to build up, he said no when we seen the leak we stopped. so I said then why did you charge me for gas that you didn't use, he then said that they used all the gas that when they put in the gas the pipe bust, so I said what!!!!!! your now telling me that you bust the pipe that there was no leak and he said no I meant a leak.

anyway to cut it short they didn't seem to give a ****e down there once they were getting their €90, so I went to pat Tiernan motors, no bull****, no disclaimers to sign and they done it for €85.

I would NOT recommend Rapid auto care for anything, their attitude has a lot to be desired Id stay well clear from them in future.

thanks for the feed back , always good to know,

dcmm wrote: »
    Hi, I would really appreciate info. re getting my hyundaI i30 (08) serviced in Limerick city.I want to get it done in Hyundai dealership on ballysimon road. Now I'm being told not to go there....
    Help please? :confused:

did you buy the car there originally ?

No, in a garage who's owner changed- recession.....in Clare.

jomoloney wrote: »
    did you buy the car there originally ?

It does appear that you are asking if the Hyundai Dealer is refusing to service his car.
    I would be more inclined to assume that he is being advised by other people not to use this particular Garage.

OP, there are loads of independent garages who are only too willing to service your car (and for a lot less cash than a main dealer).
    There are at least 3 in the East Link Business Park, a few in Clondrinagh, and loads more around Limerick.
    Where are you located ?

ps. as you have said the car is an '08. As there is no longer any manufacturer's warranty left on this car it makes little sense to pay main dealer prices for servicing.

I haven't had any problems, haven't asked anyone yet.I'm on Ennis Road, near town.

If it's just a service you need there's a mechanic behind the 'old' O'Mara Motor's (I say 'old' but they're back there again).
    Can't remember the name offhand but have heard good things about him.

• Advertisement

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    If it's just a service you need there's a mechanic behind the 'old' O'Mara Motor's (I say 'old' but they're back there again).
    Can't remember the name offhand but have heard good things about him.

Thanks for that, he was actually recommended to me today! PJ I think is his name.I'll give him a try.:)

That's it. PJ's Garage.
    Turn right just after the Gaelic Grounds and they are just on the left.

Got my service done today, in PJ's garage! Car running very smoothly.Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dotcom79

Hi all, there is a leak in the air conditioning in my car and I'm having trouble finding anyone to fix it for me. Can any of you recommend someone in the Clare/Limerick area?

Thanks!

dotcom79 wrote: »
    Hi all, there is a leak in the air conditioning in my car and I'm having trouble finding anyone to fix it for me. Can any of you recommend someone in the Clare/Limerick area?

Thanks!
    stay away from rapid auto care their attitude stinks and will charge you €90 to find the leak and another €90 to fix it, avoid, I got mine done in the Pat Tiernan motors, very good to deal with.

dotcom79 wrote: »

Thanks!

I can say I was very pleased with PJ's garage, ennis Rd, old o' mearas motors area, beside greenapple garage. I found him obliging, professional and competent.good luck!

I can say I was very pleased with PJ's garage, ennis Rd, old o' mearas motors area, beside greenapple garage. I found him obliging, professional and competent.good luck!
    does he have the equipment to fix leaks in the air conditioning and refill it, you have to have a special cert to refill it, not every garage does it.

does he have the equipment to fix leaks in the air conditioning and refill it, you have to have a special cert to refill it, not every garage does it.

Just saw your post. Idon't know, his phone no. Is 061452440.good luck.

Just saw your post. Idon't know, his phone no. Is 061452440.good luck.
    so why recommend him to fix and fill air conditioning if you dont know if he has the equipment to fill it, silly really.

so why recommend him to fix and fill air conditioning if you dont know if he has the equipment to fill it, silly really.

Sorry for trying to be helpful, mea culpa,I won't do that again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement