Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer code for ARITECH CS250

Options
  • 13-09-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know the Engineer Code for an Aritech CS250 alarm?

Battery is dead and I need to change it

If anyone has instructions on the exact procedure that would be great

Thanks
    G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

grahambo wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know the Engineer Code for an Aritech CS250 alarm?

Battery is dead and I need to change it

If anyone has instructions on the exact procedure that would be great

Thanks
    G.

The default engineer code is 1128. This should of being changed by the installer when the system was installed. Your user code will silence the alarm when you open the control panel.

The battery you need is a 12V 7 Amp battery. Any of the suppliers here should have them in stock.

Turn off mains going to the control panel. Open the control panel. Disconnect the old battery. System should be completely dead now. The external bell will ring but there is no way to stop this. Install the new battery making sure to connect the red to Positive and the blue or black to negative. Alarm will activate just put in your user code to silence. Close up control panel and turn back on the mains.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Perfect

So I don't even need the engineer code then?

G.

grahambo wrote: »
    Perfect

So I don't even need the engineer code then?

G.

No, you should not need the engineer code unless a tamper reset is programmed. This should not be the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I moved into a house recently and has this model of alarm fitted. However the electricity was off for some time and I don't know the code. The battery is dead and I havnt put in a new one yet.

I need a new battery but when I change the battery - can I change the code easily or use engineers code stated in the posts above?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

thewools wrote: »
    I moved into a house recently and has this model of alarm fitted. However the electricity was off for some time and I don't know the code. The battery is dead and I havnt put in a new one yet.

I need a new battery but when I change the battery - can I change the code easily or use engineers code stated in the posts above?

Do you have the engineer code? If so then yes you can change the operator code. If not and you need to put in a new code you might be as well off to get a professional in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thewools wrote: »

The engineer code above is wrong. The default engineer code is 1278.
    If that works you can edit & change any users set up on the system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

you don't need a code just put in your code to turn it off after replace the battery,an engineers code can reset whole system and its a cont to reprogram unless you have a computer and the program to reprogram,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Huh??
    Unless you are very silly with the engineer code you are not going to default or reset the system.
    You also do not need a PC or software to programme this panel:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

kub wrote: »
    Do you have the engineer code? If so then yes you can change the operator code. If not and you need to put in a new code you might be as well off to get a professional in.

Don't have the engineering code or operators code as when I bought the property the electricity was off for a long time and real estate agent were not aware of the code.
    KoolKid wrote: »
    The engineer code above is wrong. The default engineer code is 1278.
    If that works you can edit & change any users set up on the system.

Hopefully the code listed above will work. Thanks - I'll get a new battery and cross my fingers that the engineering code has not been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dpat1l

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but does anybody who has this panel know if it is possible to change the engineer code if you have the user code? The place that installed ours has since closed down and the default code isn't working so I'm assuming they've changed it

• Advertisement

No, you will need the engineer code or else an engineer to reset the system for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Hate to derail this thread:o

Quick question for you Koolkid would you mind it if i sent you a pm for a bit of personal advice regarding a job i want to apply for?

Thanks
    Dash

Ofcourse not.
    Anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

just after replacing the battery in my CS250. disconnected mains and replaced battery, reconnected mains. Alarm went off but turned it off with my user code.
    Time and date are reset now to jan 01 00:00 and cant set alarm as after it starts arming it says
    Sys Tamp
    Local Tamp

engineering code 1278 doesnt work :(

/edit fixed it so that i can at least arm it now. it was the spring on the contact sensor wasnt depressing when the lid was closed. Time and date is still wrong but can live with that. more worried about the engineering code now working.

Is the engineer code 01278 working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Akkiakka

Hi everyone. I need some help. We moved to a New house and we had this model. The power was disconected by the fuse. When I turn on the System start alaming and I dont know any code. Should I ask the previous owner or there is any other master code for it to reset the System?? I try already 1122, 1128, 01128, 1178. Looks like it is 6 digit . Thank you for any help

The codes have been changed if default you are using are not working.

Apart from a default then asking previous owner the codes would be the solution.

Advertisement