Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing audio track from .mov file (for free?)

Options
  • 13-09-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Utterly pleb question (sorry) but I've got some .mov files with two audio tracks - one is blank and the other has the correct audio.
    The blank one is set as track 1 though, so in most video players the file plays with no audio.

Complete novice at this, just need to upload the video to youtube, etc for work - Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

You should be able to just click and delete the track.

What software are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

Cointreau wrote: »
    Utterly pleb question (sorry) but I've got some .mov files with two audio tracks - one is blank and the other has the correct audio.
    The blank one is set as track 1 though, so in most video players the file plays with no audio.

Complete novice at this, just need to upload the video to youtube, etc for work - Can anyone help?
    in sony vegas movie studio platinum 11 you can remove the track,not free but maybe a trial would do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

alyssum wrote: »
    in sony vegas movie studio platinum 11 you can remove the track,not free but maybe a trial would do it

I would also download a trial for a one off job. Never tried opening a video file in Audacity before, you might be able to open it. It's freeware and might allow you to do what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Hmm, I got a tool named aneesoft video converter that can remove and add audio track, but it's not free.
    Well, you could turn to giveawayoftheday.com, there can get some nice software for free, I got some(including the aneesoft :D) from there.

Advertisement