Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Sun+ but still charged

Options
  • 13-09-2013 9:01am

Rupert Murdoch stuck up a payment wall on "The Sun" website at the beginning of August. They were doing a special offer of the first month for £1 so I signed up on August 6th. On August 16th I emailed them to cancel my sub and got a reply saying they were sorry to see me go blah blah etc.

Wouldn't you know it on the 6th of this month they charge my card the full monthly amount (around €10). Never had this happen to me before. I emailed again and was ignored. I was forced to go onto some live chat crap and explain everything.

I heard nothing for a few days so had to go back to the live chat and was told I had been refunded. They hadn't even bothered to send me an email telling me or even apologise for their mistake.

I still don't see the refund on my account but since it's Ulster Bank it could still be being processed or whatever.

I just had to post here as I've been treated disgracefully. They simply don't give a damn. I wouldn't mind if it was some small dingy website somewhere but this a giant media empire.

Anyway I don't know how long I should wait before I get onto Ulster Bank's fraud line. I bet if I did and got a chargeback the fcukers would get off their arses then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had the same when they put on on the sunday times a few years ago, €2 for the first month and then I noticed I had been charged. I sent them a screenshot of the email and they refunded but it took a while. I havent bought the paper since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I had the same when they put on on the sunday times a few years ago, €2 for the first month and then I noticed I had been charged. I sent them a screenshot of the email and they refunded but it took a while. I havent bought the paper since.

the same group

Gimps. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge me again next month.

Advertisement