Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthews Bettystown Service

Options
  • 12-09-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've just started commuting from Bettystown to Dublin. Matthews advertise a bus that leaves Grange Rath / Bettystown at 8am and arrives in at 9am. I've been taking this bus for the last fortnight and it has yet to arrive at 9am. It's usually between ten to fifteen minutes late arriving in Dublin and one day was even twenty-five minutes late!

Is this usual? It seems very unfair for Matthews to advertise a bus that arrives at 9am when they don't seem to be able to make it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I guess it's because of rush hour.
    I have taken this bus on a couple of occasions, one time the driver tried a different route through Swords (iirc) to skip the M1 heavy traffic and save some time.
    I believe it is the same on the way back in the afternoon, the bus takes forever to get out of Dublin.
    Generally the route takes 55-60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭gipi

If you need to be in before 9am, you'd be better off getting the 7.30am service via the port tunnel. It manages to avoid the worst of the traffic. When I worked in Dublin, I got this bus, and was dropped off near Connolly Station around 8.35am to 8.40am (and earlier during school hols).

Advertisement