Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus - problems with the 39A tonight and last night and RTPI information

Options
  • 11-09-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭

Went to get a 39A last night around 21.10 and there was one due so I thought great. But as time went on there was no sign of it and as time went on it disappeared off the rtpi sign without any sign off it. I got one about 15-20 minutes later

Waiting on it again tonight and the same thing has happened again. On the board, no sign and it disappears again off the board without any show. Am waiting on one now due in 7 Minutes.

I rang control and they confirmed it didn't run last night or tonight due to operational problems. The thing is why is it still showing on the rtpi 2nd day in a row when they knew it wouldn't run. Its inconvinienced me for the 2nd night in a row because I went for a bus that didn't show! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Sounds possibly like the controller didn't remove it from the system.

Before a bus leaves the terminus the schedule is displayed up until about 2 minutes prior to departure, when it switches to the live equipment on the bus, which requires that the bus driver has programmed the ticket machine for that journey.

The only other explanation that I have, and now that I think about it actually may be more plausible, is that that journey involved a driver change and no driver was available for the second half - hence the bus operated into town but not beyond it. There certainly was an issue with unscheduled short workings not appearing correctly on the on-street displays, however this was addressed for the Dublin Buss app.

I would always advise using the Dublin Bus app as it is coming directly from the system.

Advertisement