Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elgato game capture hd

Options
  • 11-09-2013 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

My brother wants to get a game capture for his Xbox 360 is the elgato any good ? If not which ones would you recommend ? Any info about it would be helpful. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I don't hear much about it, people generally go for the hauppauge 2 or the Avermedia live gamer portable. I don't think there's anything wrong with the elgato, just hasn't seemed to catch on like those two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I don't hear much about it, people generally go for the hauppauge 2 or the Avermedia live gamer portable. I don't think there's anything wrong with the elgato, just hasn't seemed to catch on like those two.

Thanks for the info. Ill have alook at those too. The main attraction with elgato was the price 150 euro roughly. Another question is amazon the best place to buy them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭maik3n

Elgato is usb powered which is a bit of a negative point, IMHO.

I'd second the HD PVR2.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0092P47GW/

€136 on amazon + €3.50 parcel motel and you're laughing.

I got mine on amazon. :cool:

Advertisement