Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion Constant Ticking (Flash 31032 Dual Time Clock)

Options
  • 11-09-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I moved into a new apartment and I'm not sure how to use the immersion timer. It ticks all day long and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone tell me how to make it stop ticking because it's incredibly irritating .

This is the model:
    Flash 31032 Dual Time Clock
    http://www.plumbingproducts.ie/product.php?id_product=3307

and both switches are set to off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

I believe it is normal for these controllers to tick. It is simply the clock keeping time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Cerco is correct , the ticking noise will continue as the timer is keeping time , switching off the timer is only going to prevent the immersion from coming on on timer , and switching off the immersion will only prevent the immersion from coming on wether the timer is switched to constant or timer , the timer is fitted before the immersion switch so has a permanent supply from the fuse board , the only way to stop the ticking is to switch it off at the fuse board , but then this means your immersion won't work , and possibly anything else which could be also wired off it , I have seen alarm panels and pumps taken off this supply .

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bozd

properly break it - hold it to stop dial moving maybe- be careful as it is electrical - ie dont throw water on it. then get landlord to replace it. mother-in-law has one you can hear in the whole house - drives me nuts - it has been making this noise for the last 15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

bozd wrote: »
    properly break it - hold it to stop dial moving maybe- be careful as it is electrical - ie dont throw water on it. then get landlord to replace it. mother-in-law has one you can hear in the whole house - drives me nuts - it has been making this noise for the last 15 years!

Yeah that's great advice :confused:

Advertisement