Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel Phone call

Options
  • 11-09-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys got a weird one. I received a phone call from a mobile yesterday claiming to be parcel motel. The call asked was I <my name>. Was I expecting a package. I wasn't so told them so. Just wondering what it could have been. Nothing unexpected showing up on my card.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Hey guys got a weird one. I received a phone call from a mobile yesterday claiming to be parcel motel. The call asked was I <my name>. Was I expecting a package. I wasn't so told them so. Just wondering what it could have been. Nothing unexpected showing up on my card.

Have you contacted PM, they can let you know if they recognise the number, did they give a name? strange the call came from a mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

nava wrote: »
    Have you contacted PM, they can let you know if they recognise the number, did they give a name? strange the call came from a mobile.

Probably the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Parcel Motel will contact you if they receive a parcel with no PMID number but with your name on it. There might be two Mr Green Machines on their system.
    This might be why they are ringing you to see who the parcel is supposed to go to.
    Why it was from a mobile seems a bit strange alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I agree with the above poster. Seems a bit odd to be ringing from a mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Something fishy is afoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,468 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did they call you on your mobile? Some firms have outbound GSM lines to reduce costs, although in work we have faked CLID back to our switch.

Advertisement