Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5m82 wardrobe with sliding doors

Options
  • 11-09-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a fitted wardrobe (with mirrored sliding doors) of a width of nearly 6 meters, max height 2m42 with slanted walls on both ends. See attached pic.

Looking for quality that lasts without paying over the odds.

Any recommendations in the Galway area?

Thanks!

V.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I did a pretty similar job a few years ago.

I bought 4 doors from Robe design in Kildare, 2 straight and 2 to go into the Dormer sections. the last bit of the Dormer I filled out with bedside locker and some shelving(approx 700 mm each side). Robe design also supplied the channels for the doors to slide into and the surrounding timber. They also designed the wardrobe, I bought sheets of 2400*600 maple to build the carcasses and modified it to to take Ikea accessories. Did my usual 90% completion on the job, the stuff from robe design cost me 2000, probably cost me less than 3 grand in total for everything.

Things I would have done differently, it really needed more than 4 doors, I would buy the carcass from Ikea the next time, much easier to fit the accessories into the carcasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Vince1974

Any carpenters out there looking for a project?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Vince1974 wrote: »
    Any carpenters out there looking for a project?

PM sent

Advertisement