Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Review release date ?

Options
  • 11-09-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭

It probably makes little difference to many on here as no doubt ye have the game bought anyway, but I am looking forward to reading the reviews. They should release them in advance of the game, unless there is something really wrong with it :pac: .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

2smiggy wrote: »
    It probably makes little difference to many on here as no doubt ye have the game bought anyway, but I am looking forward to reading the reviews. They should release them in advance of the game, unless there is something really wrong with it :pac: .

I don't think it needs to release the reviews to sell. It looks so good and from the gameplay I've seen, I can't see anything possible that could ruin this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

2smiggy wrote: »

I saw the first review of Online today, I'd say reviews for the single player game will start coming through tomorrow\Friday....but like you said, this game doesn't need reviews to sell.....it has already made over €300 million in preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I saw the first review of Online today, I'd say reviews for the single player game will start coming through tomorrow\Friday....but like you said, this game doesn't need reviews to sell.....it has already made over €300 million in preorders

Where did you find the review?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Thats not a review though.

Jesus, sorry pendantic pete...let me rephrase

I saw my first hands on of Online today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Looking back through the IGN articles for GTA IV, the review of this game dropped on Friday 25th April, 2008 with the game releasing the following Tuesday.

If you assume that the same thing will happen this time around, we could possible see the review from IGN on Friday September 13th :D

Wonder if they'll give it another 10/10 score?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

looks like the review embargo is Monday , pity it's not today. No doubt some of the smaller review sites will break this for the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Jesus, sorry pendantic pete...let me rephrase

I saw my first hands on of Online today

Would hardly call him pedantic. A 'Hands-on' is very different to a review. Usually they are based on a limited version of the game and with limited time. Whereas a review would usuallly be a verdict on the final completed product.

I've read a lot of 'hands-on' articles that seemed positive but were eventually reviewed with a not so positive verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Who cares it will get 10/10 across the board no matter how good or bad it is. GTAIV was god awful and it got rave reviews. This will be the same. It may be great or not so great but the hype is sickening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Yeah, reviews are useless. Every popular big game series seems to get 10/10. Probably get paid to. Only explanation for COD games always getting 10s, and GTAIV which was more like a 7 than a 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dj Grimreefer

i'll give you a review,

driving is a lot differant, a lot harder if you ask me, some cars are hard to turn,
    shooting is like other gta's auto aim is still there,
    like gta 4 you get random calls to help family/friends

so far its a lot better then gta 4 i just couldn't get into the story in 4 but 5 is a lot better with the differant characters giving a lot more story to the game,

Advertisement