Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacting a seller

Options
  • 10-09-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I am trying to bid on an item but the seller is in UK and wont ship to Ireland so will not accept bids from here. I am trying to contact them but seems he wont take questions? Anyone know a way around this? Its something I haven't been able to find anywhere else.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

foxy06 wrote: »
    I am trying to bid on an item but the seller is in UK and wont ship to Ireland so will not accept bids from here. I am trying to contact them but seems he wont take questions? Anyone know a way around this? Its something I haven't been able to find anywhere else.....

What size is the item? Could use Parcel Motel and there Belfast address.

They charge €10 for if the package doesn't fit the bins.

I use ebay a lot if they have they don't ship international or overseas I contact once and either they reply no or no answer so just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Cant seem to send a message at all though? goes straight to 'sorry this seller cannot answer your question'. Apparently the seller can set his account so that he only receives questions from people who have bought or have bid on their items.
    Its too big for parcel motel. Is there a way of making ebay think I have address in UK to at least bid on the item to contact the seller? Its something quite unique that I can't seem to get anywhere else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

foxy06 wrote: »
    Cant seem to send a message at all though? goes straight to 'sorry this seller cannot answer your question'. Apparently the seller can set his account so that he only receives questions from people who have bought or have bid on their items.
    Its too big for parcel motel. Is there a way of making ebay think I have address in UK to at least bid on the item to contact the seller? Its something quite unique that I can't seem to get anywhere else....

Set up with parcelmotel.ie and add in that you primary address is there one in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If using parcel motel be sure they actually post to NI first. I expect many large items will not be sent there as the sellers often use couriers who charge more to NI.

I would never bid without knowing they will send to me, in this case with no contact I might look for another item they have just begun selling at a low price and put a small token bid on to allow contact, if I was 99% sure it was going to be outbid. If you go bidding on things when an auction is in full swing and near the expected selling price you are messing people around.

In another thread some people said some sellers refused to send via parcel motel as it might be more open to scams, e.g. people claiming they never got it, and saying they personally signed for nothing.

Advertisement