Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromeo - New Album Trailer

Options
  • 10-09-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Wasn't really sure which sub-forum to put this in but I think here will do.

Any Chromeo fans here? They've just released a trailer for their new album which looks and, more importantly, sounds very promising:

They seem to have gotten a bit of stick from critics in the past for being unoriginal and a bit of a novelty act but I think they're really fantastic. They don't really make a secret of their many musical influences and how they are trying to emulate their sound rather than break brand new ground with their music.

I'm not a long-time fan, only really started listening to them properly a few months ago, but their beats and hooks are undeniably catchy and most of their lyrics are just really clever and/or hilarious.

They also seem like genuinely nice, down to earth guys. They always seem to take a make an effort to interact with fans on Twitter which is great to see.

Thoughts anyone? None of my friends are really into them so it'd be nice to know what others think about this upcoming release :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

I'm a big fan. They blew my mind at electric Picnic a few years ago when they played. I met them after their gig and they were sound. I wasn't much of a fan before that but since then I have gotten into them. Here's a couple of cool videos of them:

Live performance of I Can't Go for That with Hall and Oats in Daryl Hall's gaff!

And a look at how they put songs together in their studio.

Advertisement