Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole trader bank account?

Options
  • 10-09-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi hoping someone might be able to advise, I will be starting a new business as a sole trader in next few weeks and am looking at opening bank accounts now, I will be using it mostly for lodgements in night safe and Internet banking for transfers ect, I hav bank of ireland or Aib available to me, I hav heard bad thing about the business Internet banking for both but have to go with one, is it possible to set up a personal acc to use for this or can you only access night safe facility with a business account? Can anyone advise which is the best to go with as I've also heard that once the fee free period is o we you can get hit with massive fees

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Use of night safes are normally only for business customers.

Use of a personal account for business transaction is normally against the T&C of a personal account.

Depending on the type of business gauge your banking needs to see if setting up a business account is really needed. I've seen plenty of sole traders using just a spare bank account for it but of course they would not have a lot of banking needs.

Also have a look at the local credit unions. Bottom line here is the night safe, if its use is unavoidable then you may just have to use a business account.

Advertisement