Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Down

Options
  • 10-09-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

So this will be a PS4 exclusive, Capcom are working with SCEJ on this one, and we have no release date yet. What we know about the game is that it will be set in New York in 2094 and you go back in time using memories, you also have randomly generated dungeons and monsters and loot. The game is also Online only so besides looking quite similar to Dark/Demon souls, it may also use a parts of those games online architecture.

Well seeing that I love the Souls games, I can't wait to get this, the trailer looks gorgeous, and it will be interesting to see a SCEJ and Capcom collaboration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

They should rename it to Assassins Creed : Dark Souls Edition :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I get a Demon Souls/Spelunky vibe from the trailer and description. It certainly looks impressive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks more like Dragon's Dogma than Dark Souls. That's fine with me since I thought Dragon's Dogma was great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks more like Dragon's Dogma than Dark Souls. That's fine with me since I thought Dragon's Dogma was great.

I Was actually hoping it was dragons dogma when I first saw the trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I Was actually hoping it was dragons dogma when I first saw the trailer.

Pretty sure it's the same team on this one, which is pretty much all the talent Capcom has left internally.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

not conviced that is in-game footage....seems more like cgi cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

not conviced that is in-game footage....seems more like cgi cut scenes.

Yoshinori Ono confirmed on twitter that it is not a timed exclusive and will only be on PS4.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/09/deep-down-is-a-playstation-4-exclusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

gameplay starts around the 1:47 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUkrIIBVPGY&feature=youtu.be&t=7m29s

deep down gameplay
    not sure if already posted but its about 10mins long, bad camera though or what ever was used to record it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement

My interest just dropped by 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My interest just dropped by 100%

Yeah pretty much. Will try it but I'm sure they'll monetize it in some god-awful manner.

Hopefully they do not go the new Capcom route and pump out loads of DLC for it, wonder how much Sony had a part in this as Capcom were getting a lot of help from SCEJ on this game.

Whole raft of information on the game here http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/13/yoshinori-ono-details-deep-down-praises-ps4-talks-about-60-fps-vita-remote-play-and-dualshock-4/
    The game is set in New York, year 2094. The members of a group called “Ravens” (the players) have the special ability to travel back in time by reading the memory of items and listening to the voice of the past. They can travel to the past by using the information they read from the items.

The game is called a “Reading RPG” for two reasons: first because of the idea of “reading memories” mentioned above, and then because of the theme of “reading emotions” The emotional theme comes from the fact that various dungeons correspond to different emotions. For instance by touching a statue and reading its emotions one can feel the grudges of a vicious mind that will then characterize the resulting dungeon.

The theme of “knowing the truth of the past” is also present, and that’s the Ravens’ purpose.
    Capcom wanted to make an online only game to do something different from the past experiences of Monster Hunter and Dragon’s Dogma, in order to enjoy the online gameplay without restriction, on a platform (the PS4) that has an inseparable relationship with online gaming.

By playing with friends one can exchange the information gathered from dungeons and further the investigation of the mystery behind Deep Down.

It’s still possible to play solo, and gamers should begin like that in order to get familiar with the game, then they should challenge the dungeons alongside other Ravens.

Ono-san wants to reduce the barriers between players and online gameplay, in order to reassure those that are hostile to the idea of always online games.

Since players are supposed to play the game for a long time, like most online games, large updates have already been scheduled, and they will happen on a regular basis. Capcom will continue to develop the game after release in order to let players feel the changes regularly.

There will be a beta after the release of the PS4, and Ono-san wants it to begin as soon as possible.

Sony has created an easy development environment for the PS4, and that’s a welcome change.

The quality showcased in the PlayStation Meeting in February was reached considerably quickly, and things like 60 frames per seconds are relatively easy to achieve.

The automatic generation of dungeons is achieved thanks to the power of the PS4. It’s not completely random, but automatically generated according to certain parameters. Since the PS4 has specs similar to a PC, dungeons can be generated like this thanks to its memory capacity and computing speed.

The representation of environments is close to photo realistic, and elements like degradation of weapon and armor will also be displayed graphically. The PS4 is able to calculate the accumulation of mold, dirt and rust on equipment and display it on the textures, giving you the sensation that those items really exist in the world.

The light bar on the DualShock 4 will represent the emotions of the dungeon being played. When a Raven listens to the voice of the past, it will come from the speaker on the controller, in order to increase immersion. The touchpad will also be used for tactile features.

Remote play with PS Vita will be fully supported in order to play the game more comfortably. The team is also thinking on how to use smartphone and tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

It looks cool and all, but the more i hear about the game the less excited i get. Now their saying its free 2 play.. so i guess its one of these micro transaction games that we r going to be seeing alot more of this gen (i get the feeling).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am somehow shocked but not surprised its free to play considering it was reported Capcom has 152 million in the bank and one of capcom employees came out and said they will make more dlc content to recoup profits.

I am disappointed in this approach but I will try it anyways to see what it is like

Advertisement