Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking McFaddens for research of the surname

Options
  • 10-09-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Just recently began putting together this web site: http://www.themcfaddenproject.com/

We're looking for any men who have the McFadden surname, or any variant (Fadden, McFadyen, etc.) and are willing to take a DNA test. All are welcome, but we're especially interested in men who were born in Ireland or Scotland and know something of their heritage.

There seems to be surprisingly little that has been published about the history of the surname. Lots of rumors though. I'm not sure whether this is due to lack of research, lack of available information or both. I hope to do some research of my own and hopefully back it up with genetic data in order to fill this void.

Happy to answer any questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

Best of luck with it, I do love a good one name study!

If you want to PM me a blurb I'll do an article on my Townland of Origin blog. Maybe email Claire Santry too, to see if she would be interested in an article for IGN. Chris Paton also, for his British and Irish GENES website/blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

A blurb, you say? What type of blurb are we talking about, how long?

Good suggestions on who to contact. Paton is a variant of the name, I wonder if Paton himself is one of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Coolnabacky1873

The 'About the Project' would work well.

Advertisement