Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact lens help??

Options
  • 10-09-2013 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all!

I'm in my 30s but used to be a very strong swimmer (late teens or so). I'd love to get back into it purely for fitness but I'm a bit concerned about the fact I wear contact lenses. The ones I use are put in at the start of the month and taken out at the end, they are not touched in between. There is no problem taking them out but how soon after swimming could I put them back in? Or should I try a pair of watertight goggles?

Maybe I'm being overcautious but any help or experience would be hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I swim regularly with contacts but always use goggles. The last time I went for an unexpected dip in the sea without the goggles one lens floated away and I had to drive home squinting like Popeye.

I always wear goggles in a pool anyway as I find the chlorine water irritating. I'd imagine it'd be uncomfortable to put lenses in straight after a swim. Taking them out defeats the purpose of monthlies too.
    Goggle fit is very subjective; some people will recommend the most expensive but they may be no good for you.
    Maybe try a cheap pair of 10 euro Speedos for a start and work up from there if you need to.

Advertisement