Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvr remote viewing

Options
  • 10-09-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Basically i'm looking to set up an apollo dvr for remote viewing. I've done two last week which went perfectly. the difference with this one is that it's a eircom zytel router and the others were UPC. I'm pretty handy with networking but this has my brain melted. I set up a no-ip ddns on the dvr and forward the ports on the router. The router was on eircom but was switched to imagine. Now the weird part. going on to the different whats my ip sites are showing me different wan ip addresses and one even showed I was using a proxy.
    Has anyone had any experience with this? any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lawlor59 wrote: »
    Basically i'm looking to set up an apollo dvr for remote viewing. I've done two last week which went perfectly. the difference with this one is that it's a eircom zytel router and the others were UPC. I'm pretty handy with networking but this has my brain melted. I set up a no-ip ddns on the dvr and forward the ports on the router. The router was on eircom but was switched to imagine. Now the weird part. going on to the different whats my ip sites are showing me different wan ip addresses and one even showed I was using a proxy.
    Has anyone had any experience with this? any help would be appreciated

And is canyouseeme. org showing it can see the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lawlor59

KoolKid wrote: »
    And is canyouseeme. org showing it can see the service?

No didn't try that actually. I'll be back at it tomorrow. It was the same with the firewall off though. It's a pain because the 2 of them I did do were easy on UPC. The zytel doesn't specify UDP or TCP so I assume it opens both.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

lawlor59 wrote: »
    No didn't try that actually. I'll be back at it tomorrow. It was the same with the firewall off though. It's a pain because the 2 of them I did do were easy on UPC. The zytel doesn't specify UDP or TCP so I assume it opens both.
    Thanks for the reply.

I would also try get it to connect directly and then work on the no IP solutions.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would also try get it to connect directly and then work on the no IP solutions.

I did try that but kept getting a different ip address from google, whatsmyip and whatsmyipaddress. Have an app on android that i'll use and will show me the external ip of the router which i couldnt find on the router yesterday. would it be something to do with the router being ported from eircom to Imagine?

Have static IP. Opened ports 37777 to 37778 on router. Canyouseeme can see 37777 but connection refused on 37778 which is the UDP port. Firewall is turned off. Head is wrecked.

• Advertisement

Just a few screenshots

Advertisement