Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil boiler manuals usb stick

Options
  • 09-09-2013 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

hi,i service oil boilers.i currently have a usb stick with all the oil manuals on it.i have it loaded onto my dell 15 inch laptop which is is not ideal to be bringing it in my van all the time.im looking for advise from the service guys here as to what is the best device to use.im looking at a 7 inch tablet with keyboard on ebay.im not sure if this will do me or if i can even load my usb stick onto it or if its too small,any help would be appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

pat35 wrote: »
    hi,i service oil boilers.i currently have a usb stick with all the oil manuals on it.i have it loaded onto my dell 15 inch laptop which is is not ideal to be bringing it in my van all the time.im looking for advise from the service guys here as to what is the best device to use.im looking at a 7 inch tablet with keyboard on ebay.im not sure if this will do me or if i can even load my usb stick onto it or if its too small,any help would be appreciated..

I'm actually in the same boat as yourself. Looking at the iPad 16gb cause I've gas boiler manuals too. Not very good with computers and stuff like transferring files. Hope you get an answer that'll help us both!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

pat35 wrote: »

How much space do the files take up on the usb? If its not too much you may get them all onto a micro card that fits into a phone e.g A Galaxy Note II or an S 3 or 4 might do, rather than carrying two devices around in your pockets.
    Files from the usb get tranferred onto the card via a card reader by simple drag and drop or copy / paste using your computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

My stick has 12gb of gas & oil.
    I put all the ones I use mostly on my iPad mini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

shane0007 wrote: »
    My stick has 12gb of gas & oil.
    I put all the ones I use mostly on my iPad mini.

How do you put them on it Shane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

DropBox

• Advertisement
Advertisement