Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend good plumber to install atw heat pump in meath?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I am building a new house and am looking for a plumber with good knowledge of air to water systems.
    I have a fair idea of what I want but am getting very mixed advice from who I've spoken to so far on how to go about it.

One recommends heating a buffer tank during the day when cop is higher.
    Another says to connect directly into the heating system and run on night rate electricity.

Out of ideas bar flicking through the yellow pages.

Has anyone had a system installed recently that they are happy with and can recommend heat pump/installer??

Sorry if this is a repeat thread

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Caoith wrote: »
    Hi I am building a new house and am looking for a plumber with good knowledge of air to water systems.
    I have a fair idea of what I want but am getting very mixed advice from who I've spoken to so far on how to go about it.

One recommends heating a buffer tank during the day when cop is higher.
    Another says to connect directly into the heating system and run on night rate electricity.

Out of ideas bar flicking through the yellow pages.

Has anyone had a system installed recently that they are happy with and can recommend heat pump/installer??

Sorry if this is a repeat thread

Thanks
    I wont pick a side, but if you go on the night rate electricity then your day unit rate is higher which will cancel out the savings in many homes.

I would recommend they look at a combination of Solar PV with the air to water heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caoith

Thanks,

I was thinking against the night rate alright.
    Hadn't thought of solar pv, great idea.
    Ill look into that.

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

You could contact Unipipe Ireland, They supply NIBE heat pumps and would size a discuss your options and solutions. They would also have a list of approved installers in your area. I can PM there number to you if you wish!

Advertisement