Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas bolier won't start

Options
  • 09-09-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have moved into rented accom and tried to turn on the gas bolier but although the light comes on it sputters a bit and won't work.

Anyone have any idea what I could try to get it working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

fisher8181 wrote: »
    I have moved into rented accom and tried to turn on the gas bolier but although the light comes on it sputters a bit and won't work.

Anyone have any idea what I could try to get it working?

What is the pressure reading on the pressure gauge?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fisher8181

shane0007 wrote: »
    What is the pressure reading on the pressure gauge?

Thanks Shane,
    Not sure, my wife and child are down in cork and i'm in dublin so I will get her to check it.
    What should it be?

Ideally circa 1.3 bar but boiler won't fire below 0.5 bar. Kettling can be caused by low water pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fisher8181

shane0007 wrote: »
    Ideally circa 1.3 bar but boiler won't fire below 0.5 bar. Kettling can be caused by low water pressure.

Thanks again Shane.
    She says that the pressure is under 0.5.
    Any idea how she could fix that?

It might be a semi-sealed system & therefore would never get above 0.5 bar or you have a fully sealed system & will require opening a filling loop, usually located in the hot press.

• Advertisement
Advertisement