Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modena 21kw boiler stove

Options
  • 09-09-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, we are thinking buy a this stove. Could somebode recommend this stove? Price for stove is 700 euro. Is it worth? I want heat 4 beds house (14 radiators). Will it be enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

ciekly wrote: »
    Hi, we are thinking buy a this stove. Could somebode recommend this stove? Price for stove is 700 euro. Is it worth? I want heat 4 beds house (14 radiators). Will it be enough?

21KW is only 71,000 BTU's. It would be struggling IMO. How many BTU's is your oil/gas boiler? I would be guessing at 90 thousand.

You might need the boiler to pre-heat the rads first and the stove might maintain it once the system is up to normal working temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ciekly

So would it be ok? I am asking about stove. Is it good one?

So would it be ok? I am asking about stove. Is it good one?

What type of heating system have you? Is it open vented or sealed?
    IMO it won't heat rads from cold.

I have oil heating pressurized now. Plumber said that it has to be change for open vented. I would like to use oil boiler as well. In the morning turn on oil boiler to heat rads and later burn in stove to keep this temperature.
    Now I'm looking for good stove in good price and asking about this stove. If not this, can you recommend any stove?

I have oil heating pressurized now. Plumber said that it has to be change for open vented. I would like to use oil boiler as well. In the morning turn on oil boiler to heat rads and later burn in stove to keep this temperature.
    Now I'm looking for good stove in good price and asking about this stove. If not this, can you recommend any stove?

It should work once pre heated with the boiler and light the stove before the boiler is switched off.
    It will need to be open vented system.
    They are 14KW to the boiler and 7KW to the room.

"The Modena Back boiler will power up to 14 radiators, based on an "average" calculation of 3000 BTU's per radiator. In a typical dwelling some radiators will require more than 3000 BTU's and some will require less".
    According to dealers are meant to heat up to 14 rads. BS IMO!

I can't advise on quality of the stove as I have not seen this model but most are very much the same, it's down to your personal choice.

• Advertisement

Stanley stoves would be very popular.

Froststop wrote: »
    Stanley stoves would be very popular.
    Thanks for your post. They are popular and more expensive. I'm looking stove up to 800e.

would be any problem to put this stove into existing fireplace? We would like to put this stove inside fireplace hide as much as possible in the wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭StoveMaster

Hi ciekly
    Don't waist your money, a stove is either wood burning or it is multi fuel. This is advertised as being both. The secondary air inlets are positioned differently on a wood burning stove as it needs more air over the fire box, where as a multifuel stove will typically have a large primary air inlet under the grate for burning coal and also a smaller secondary air inlet to allow air in over the firebox to burn off all the gasses released by the wood as this burn off creates extra heat, hence the term multifuel.

Also a stove made from metal plate will not last, when you continually heat and cool metal plate it hardens, eventually warps, and eventually cracks.... This process is caused by the change in the carbon molecules in the steel plate.

As I said don't through your money away.

If you need any more help please post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ralf1313

Thanks for your post. They are popular and more expensive. I'm looking stove up to 800e.

hi Ciekly,

my advice is clear:if u want to heat ur house well u MUST go for a good Boiler stove which is:clearview,charnwood,nestor Martin or stratford for example.one particular model of startford will do ur Job,its a EB20 ecoboiler.its small enough compare to others with the same power.very good stove,around 1600euros i think.i would not go for a cheapest Option,never.Do it once and enjoy the heat!!

good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement