Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for College

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I'm buying a laptop for college in the next couple of days and so far I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with this one:
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_02pc/80011668/lenovo_ideapad_g_series_g500_00345/details.aspx

I want a laptop with at least an i5 processor and a good dedicated graphics cards and from looking around this looks like the best option. Im just wondering if anyone could suggest any alternative, better laptops for the same price range.(€600-€650)

There's also the Asus N56vz, you could pick it up for similar money. Additionally it has a blueray dvd drive, a full hd screen and a little portable sub woofer

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

madness98 wrote: »
    There's also the Asus N56vz, you could pick it up for similar money. Additionally it has a blueray dvd drive, a full hd screen and a little portable sub woofer

Cant find that laptop anywhere online for less then €850 so its way outside my budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The Lenovo seems to be sold out. If you can stretch your budget somewhat, have a look at the PCS Enigma IV (if you already have an operating system, you can save €95). The GT 650M is a lot faster than the HD 7850.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Torqay wrote: »
    The Lenovo seems to be sold out. If you can stretch your budget somewhat, have a look at the PCS Enigma IV (if you already have an operating system, you can save €95). The GT 650M is a lot faster than the HD 7850.

Thanks ill have a look.

Advertisement