Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden vs audioslave

Options
  • 09-09-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Am I the only person on earth who thinks audioslave is better than soundgarden ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭MagnusDamm

Definitely not . Audioslave were awesome.

Soundgarden were complete ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

This is a joke thread, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

This is like Toyota Vs Nissan.........

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Flippin' heck! You can't compare the two, they've both got different sounds altogether! I personally love both, and think Chris Cornell has on of the best, most distinctive voices in music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Audioslave were a terribly dull band both live and on record, so Soundgarden by a country mile. And I'm not even that big a fan of Soundgarden or Chris Cornell for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Speaking of Soundgarden guys, how is the gig selling in the o2?

I was/am skeptical they can come anywhere to close to selling this out...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Speaking of Soundgarden guys, how is the gig selling in the o2?

I was/am skeptical they can come anywhere to close to selling this out...?

I was able to get a standing ticket last week. If there's still standing you can rest assured there's plenty more seating.

On a related note I can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I was able to get a standing ticket last week. If there's still standing you can rest assured there's plenty more seating.

On a related note I can't wait for it!

60 quid though is steep enough these days. Especially when you can see QotSA a few weeks later for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PaulieC wrote: »
    60 quid though is steep enough these days. Especially when you can see QotSA a few weeks later for 40.

Was that gig 60e? Looking at setlists, they seem very varied. Anyone know what time they finish up at? I'm hoping for 10.30 so can make bus home. Think the anticipation of the Tuesday is overshadowing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

It's a but silly to compare them as they are different things. Soundgarden is a long running band that evolved over several years. Audioslave was more of a side project for all involved.

Audioslave's first album was great. The second was so-so and the third was ****e. Soundgarden by a country mile. Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are two of the best rock albums of the 90s.

Can't wait for the gig next week. I've the Tuesday booked off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭tbm

Audioslave were dull as dishwater. If ever a band failed to live up tot he sum of their parts it was them.

Advertisement