Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurious AC adapter - mousepad acting erractically

Options
  • 09-09-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

The AC adapter on my Sony Vaio went and I purchased a cheap replacement on ebay. I checked the output voltage and it's pretty good: a steady 19.47V (vs. the specified 19.5V of the original).

The output of the new adapter is 4.7A vs. the originals 3.7 but I wouldn't imagine this matters - the new merely being able to give more in the case it was required.

The laptop appears to operate fine except for the mousepad which operates somewhat erratically: swipe your finger and the pointer might or might not move in response. Or might move a bit of the way then stop then start.

Unplug the AC adapter and go back to battery power and it immediately works fine again.

Any ideas what's up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,864 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Means the charger is either faulty or not fit for the purpose.

Bought one off ebay years ago. same problem. I could also hear extra noise through my speakers if they were turned up full. My desktop speakers that is, plugged into the same strip.

It also had an annoying habit of trying to shock me through the metal contacts on the headphone jack

Advertisement