Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French/English in Heineken Cup..

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Watching a far amount of Premiership rugby this weekend and the Top 14 since it started back, you can kind of understand why some English and French teams aren't happy with the current format (take the money element out of it) and those boys are playing some damn hard games week in week out..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Watching a far amount of Premiership rugby this weekend and the Top 14 since it started back, you can kind of understand why some English and French teams aren't happy with the current format (take the money element out of it) and those boys are playing some damn hard games week in week out..

can't speak for the Top 14 , but in comparison to the Heineken Cup , the Premiership is a complete bore fest , sure its hard rugby , but completly lacking the subltly the French and Celtic folk can offer - so the Heineken is a must, for long term European rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

thebaz wrote: »
    can't speak for the Top 14 , but in comparison to the Heineken Cup , the Premiership is a complete bore fest , sure its hard rugby , but completly lacking the subltly the French and Celtic folk can offer - so the Heineken is a must, for long term European rugby
    Absolute nonsense. Did which premiership game was a bore fest this weekend?

Absolute nonsense.

oh sorry, am I not entitled to an opinion , chill out

oh sorry, am I not entitled to an opinion , chill out

Of course you are. I just don't believe your opinion is based on any sort of reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Of course you are. I just don't believe your opinion is based on any sort of reality.
    In your opinion :D

• Advertisement

give it a ****en rest

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

First games of the season! Give us a chance guys. It is still good rugby. Not up to HC standards I grant you but not quite a borefest.

Midnight64 wrote: »
    First games of the season! Give us a chance guys. It is still good rugby. Not up to HC standards I grant you but not quite a borefest.

maybe borefest , was a exaggeration , just irks me to see the HC possibly jetisoned for it

There's been this myth about premiership rugby being a boring boshfest for ages. But it hasn't been true for a while now. And I find its mostly a view held by people who don't actually watch it.

If any league in Europe is like that it's the Top 14 imo, but there are loads of exciting games there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

give it a ****en rest

...and this adds what to the conversation? Be civil, please.

• Advertisement

:confused:
    maybe borefest , was a exaggeration , just irks me to see the HC possibly jetisoned for it
    I think you will find that this is an urban legend. The HC is the most competitive rugby tournament in the world, top class players are selling their birthright for a chance to play for one of the teams involved.

Its commercial benefit on its own will ensure that it is maintained by all current jurisdictions. No one could argue that its presence has not enhanced the quality of the game played in and out of the competition in Europe.

What needs to be sorted-out is the bizarre range of situations with regards to player remuneration that exist all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

There's been this myth about premiership rugby being a boring boshfest for ages. But it hasn't been true for a while now. And I find its mostly a view held by people who don't actually watch it.

If any league in Europe is like that it's the Top 14 imo, but there are loads of exciting games there as well.

Was watching Clarmont and Stade last night.. These lads have played 3 games in 9 days.. And they've been fairly entertaining..

But apart from the entertainment value, I can see why they're not happy that so many Rabo teams have it 'easy' when it comes to qualifying for the Heineken Cup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Maybe but after 129 pages it has probably become a bit tangented!!

Nothing like having the same arguments again and again!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Midnight64 wrote: »
    Maybe but after 129 pages it has probably become a bit tangented!!

Nothing like having the same arguments again and again!!;)

Good point. Please use this thread people.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056667675&page=129

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement