Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G Help Needed!

Options
  • 08-09-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Bought a replacement phone for myself as mine smashed (I know I know), which happened to be an iPhone 3G from Adverts.

I'm with meteor so obviously the phone is unlocked but doesn't appear to be jailbroken (has no cydia/icy app) and I need to update before I can download any apps as it's currently running on 4.2.1 and won't let me download apps without it being updated.

Also, I can only hear people when the phone is on speaker or using headphones, which is a little annoying, youtube (used on safari) and all other sounds work fine without headphones.

Any help you could give would be great, thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Sorry but if its a 3G it can't be updated past 4.2.1. the owner could of got it factory unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

If it is on 4.2.1 your gonna find it hard to find compatible apps that run on it too. I recently got asked to put apps on an old iPod Touch runnng iOS 4.2.1 and after an hour I managed to find 3. It's a disaster and i'd never buy anything running such old software.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

DubDJ wrote: »
    If it is on 4.2.1 your gonna find it hard to find compatible apps that run on it too. I recently got asked to put apps on an old iPod Touch runnng iOS 4.2.1 and after an hour I managed to find 3. It's a disaster and i'd never buy anything running such old software.

I really needed a new phone on a budget, haven't really got much to spend

Advertisement