Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Items to Amazon.co.uk

Options
  • 08-09-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Hi as I say, I'm enquiring about sending a laptop that I brought last week back to amazon.co.uk and getting a replacement model, the laptop is defective as snow keeps developing on the screen and it discolours randomly also, on top of that the trackpad is a bit iffy, so I want a replacement. I'm just wondering with Amazon.co.uk, where does one return the parcel to? Is it the local an Post post office (and they obviously then send it onto Amazon) or will I have to go somewhere else entirely? Also I got the original parcel delivered through Parcel Motel, so I'm wondering could that affect returning it in any way either (such as they'll only take the return through Northern Ireland, rather than Cork where I live)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Follow their returns process on the site and they give you an address label to print, it goes to an Irish returns address so you just bring it to the post office and away you go. The postage is paid, but it's not recorded delivery so if you want peace of mind send it recorded, I sent back a laptop recently and it was only 16 euro recorded.

Be sure to pack it well, original packaging if you have it. Can't see the Parcel Motel address making any difference, you are sending it back to Amazon using labels they provide, the original delivery address is irrelevant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Amazon are pretty good as for returns, you can use the paid label and return that way, or pay for postage and they will also give a refund that way.

The paid label can be tracked as far as the depot in ROI using the numver on the label. After that you can track the item on the amazon account in the returns center:> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/orc/returns/homepage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Unfortunately the Parcel Motel situation has caused a problem, it now will only let me send it from my Parcel Motel address in the North! So I've sent an email to Amazon and I'll keep ye updated on what happens!

Unfortunately the Parcel Motel situation has caused a problem, it now will only let me send it from my Parcel Motel address in the North! So I've sent an email to Amazon and I'll keep ye updated on what happens!

What do you mean by this? How does the Parcel Motel delivery matter, can you not just print the returns label and pay for postage back? Is it the lithium ion battery that's the problem?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What do you mean by this? How does the Parcel Motel delivery matter, can you not just print the returns label and pay for postage back? Is it the lithium ion battery that's the problem?

Parcel motel is a uk delivery address, this means any return label will be intended for UK usage and won't be pre-paid for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

All sorted now, an Amazon customer care person got onto me this first thing this morning and made me a personalised returns label for the Amazon Irish returns address, the only thing being that it only offered me a refund when I had planned doing a replacement or repair but I'll live with that, it changes nothing at the end of the day! But in fairness I'm very happy with Amazon, very prompt reply and no fuss at all!

Thanks for the update, good to know Amazon handle returns regardless of Arcel Motel.

I have always found them top notch in term of after sales service, returns etc.

Advertisement