Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for laptop with specific specs.

Options
  • 08-09-2013 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good value (circa 600€?) laptop with a minimum of these specs; Windows 8, 6GB RAM, i3 processor, 15.6" screen. Bluetooth, touchscreen and a comfortable, back lit keyboard would be good to get in the mix too but not worth an extra 100€ to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Dell's Ultrabook 15z. €599, Core i3, 4 GB RAM (can be upgraded) with backlit keyboard, no touch.

I don't think you'll find a anything with a touch screen and backlit keyboard for 600 yoyos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 GreenLamp

In currys/Pcworld ASUS V550CA-CJ104H is €629 with nearly everything you want

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/ASUS-V550CACJ104H-156andquot-Touchscreen-Laptop-Dark-Grey/315360/104.9

If you want any other suggestions pm me

Except for the backlit keyboard ... at this price, it's either one or the other. ;)

Torqay wrote: »
    Except for the backlit keyboard ... at this price, it's either one or the other. ;)

He is not going to get everything he wants for 600 quid. He is going to have to settle and leave something out.

A Backlit keyboard isnt important really, once he has the main specs like his 6GB of ram, bluetooth and windows 8 ect he will be buying a great laptop.

A bit pricey though, for little more, he'd get a Lenovo Z500 Touch w a Core i5, 6 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD. €650 at LD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Cheers lads, the lenovo's looking the best to me at the minute although I know someone with the ASUS Greenlamp mentioned. The back lit keyboard was just for ease of use at night and I heard using Windows 8 without touchscreen is losing out on its full potential and most of its benefits (???), that's just why I mentioned them, not of major importance but could of been a deal breaker. Hope to get whichever laptop it is at the start of this week, should I try and buy it from a shop rather than online? I'm in Dublin.

Cheers lads, the lenovo's looking the best to me at the minute although I know someone with the ASUS Greenlamp mentioned. The back lit keyboard was just for ease of use at night and I heard using Windows 8 without touchscreen is losing out on its full potential and most of its benefits (???), that's just why I mentioned them, not of major importance but could of been a deal breaker. Hope to get whichever laptop it is at the start of this week, should I try and buy it from a shop rather than online? I'm in Dublin.

If you have questions about it it looking for differnet models go to the shop. If you no exact what you want. Buy it obline

Advertisement