Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preorders - can you get your money back?

Options
  • 08-09-2013 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have like over 200 qud paid off games, but i see online proces are way cheaper. Will Gamestop gove me my money back in cash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have like over 200 qud paid off games, but i see online proces are way cheaper. Will Gamestop gove me my money back in cash?

Cash is unlikely, but they might give you vouchers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure they are legally obliged to give you the money back since you haven't received anything from them so no transaction has occurred. I've heard people cancelling a PS4 pre-order and getting all their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they are legally obliged to give you the money back since you haven't received anything from them so no transaction has occurred. I've heard people cancelling a PS4 pre-order and getting all their money back.
    A deposit is a payment made to a supplier of a product or a service by a consumer which indicates an intention to buy a product or a service. The amount of the deposit and the timing of payment of the balance are a matter between the consumer and the supplier. When you pay a deposit for goods a contract is created between you as a consumer, and the supplier of the product or service. You should be clear at the time of paying a deposit what your obligations are (e.g. when you need to pay the balance, how much each payment is etc). You should also be clear about the duties of the supplier (e.g. when the product will be available).

It is always easier to know what your rights and responsibilities are if you have details of the contract in writing, however, a verbal contract is also enforceable. If the supplier does not adhere to the terms of the contract (e.g. delivery of a product takes significantly longer than stated) you may have a right to ask for your deposit to be returned. If you pay a deposit to a supplier who, in return, holds an article for you and you change your mind about paying the balance the supplier may not in all these circumstances be obliged to return your deposit.

They've no obligation to give anything back, anything they do would be done according to their own policy or a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I did in the past. Had to go through the manager though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

€200 for pre orders? for games? In Gamestop? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

€200 for pre orders? for games? In Gamestop? :confused:

:confused:

Advertisement