Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Census Records

Options
  • 08-09-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems accessing the Irish Census records on http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

I have not been able to access these since Friday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Is anyone else having problems accessing the Irish Census records on http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

I have not been able to access these since Friday

Yes, I'm the same. The 'search census' and 'browse census' tabs don't work for me.

I've been getting this since Friday:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tanoralover

A part of me wants to believe it's down while they upload the 1926 census.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭CassieManson

A part of me wants to believe it's down while they upload the 1926 census.

I wish,,, but its really annoying as I usually only get time to look at this stuff at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

not just the census, problems with the other IrishGenealogy/National Archives sites at the moment .. Tithes, Wills etc and the main National Archives website is temperamental too. NLI website looks ok.

OSI mapping site is down also, but that's not unusual they take it down for maint. over weekends from time to time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I am hoping that this is to do with the expected releases promised for September.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭hblock21

Whats promised for September?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Clogher diocese records have been due any-month-now for about two years....

This is unfortunate timing for me as I managed to get a few breakthroughs from IFHF digging (as my wallet allowed me to spend a bit there) and I could do with the Dublin records to try get a bit more and try get in to the GRO before they start their move on Wednesday!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Some of these things are already online but here's Claire's report of the "coming soon" from last year:

http://irish-genealogy-news.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/coming-soon.html

Catriona Crowe spoke at the Clare Roots conference in April and mentioned some September stuff but I don't remember specfically which bits.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

http://irish-genealogy-news.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/irishgenealogyie-and-linked-sites-are.html

You never know who reads this page, although we shouldn't be surprised. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Twiddling my thumbs for now. Am experiencing withdrawal symptoms, with some clues coming to light this last week I really need to get back onto those sites asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Twiddling my thumbs for now. Am experiencing withdrawal symptoms, with some clues coming to light this last week I really need to get back onto those sites asap.

Yea! They are back on-line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Phew! Just in time, my hands were beginning to shake! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

attended a lecture recently by Caitriona Crowe and she stated that the release of the 1926 census was highly unlikely for 1916 and that the Taoiseachs department were opposed to their release.

Advertisement