Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying gta from amazon/shop ireland

Options
  • 08-09-2013 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

lads If I buy the game on amazon for 35 £, how much will I be charged in euro?
    the conversion rate atm works out about 41€, but on shop ireland they are charging 45€ for it

when I use the currency converter at the checkout on amazon they are charging 45 for it also.
    anyone know If I pay in sterling at the checkout how much will be charged to my bank account?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the €41ish you got I assume was gotten by usign xe.com or similar.
    that's an interbank rate that Joe Bloggs will never see, as any crd provider will charge approx 1.5% on any fx purchases.
    also Amazon legally have to charge 23% VAT to Irish buyers, the prices on their site are inclusive of UK's 20% VAT

you can buy from amazon.co.uk in £, and your card would be charged

£34.99 + 2.5% (extra vat) x 1.2 (approx) = €43

and with sterling strengthen at the moment, it couldd be closer to €44 or even €45 when your card is charged, which isnt til the game is despatched.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

shopireland.ie is not Amazon, it's just a site that displays Amazon prices in Euro linky

Advertisement