Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does a stove need a chimney breast

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭

I have a room which is quite cold and a stove would be a nice addition. Problem is that I don't have a fireplace or chimney breast in this room.
    I pass by a house nearby and see a metal chimney pipe emerging from a gable end of the house rising above roof level.
    Is this allowed or prohibited in any way? If not prohibited is it effective or is a chimney breast really beneficial?
    Do I also need to put a vent in the room to create a draft?

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I have a room which is quite cold and a stove would be a nice addition. Problem is that I don't have a fireplace or chimney breast in this room.
    I pass by a house nearby and see a metal chimney pipe emerging from a gable end of the house rising above roof level.
    Is this allowed or prohibited in any way? If not prohibited is it effective or is a chimney breast really beneficial?
    Do I also need to put a vent in the room to create a draft?

Any advice welcome.

You can put a freestanding stove in practically any room
    The flue can be fitted to outside with twin walled flue
    Yes a vent is required in any room with a stove

Advertisement