Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa 07 Won't start

Options
  • 07-09-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all

I hope I'm in the right section for this.

OK long story short, I'm waiting in my car for a friend, when I accidentally bump the key whilst its in the ignition (the car was turned off at the time, with the radio on). The exact second I hit the key with my knee, the radio went off. I took the key out and tried to start the car, nothing.

All these warning lights came on the dash. Have the car 11 months never any problem. Local guys said it was worth trying to jump start (on researching later I don't think it was a good idea), it didn't start and now seems like the battery is completely dead. Absolutely nothing happened when I tried to start it.

Any observations welcome, and any indications as to cost of fixing welcome too.

Thanks a mill

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It sounds like you damaged the ignition and the immobiliser thinks some one tried to rob your car and prevents you from starting the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

The alternator could be gone, dirty fuel either

• Registered Users Posts: 36 iamdonie1984

That's one possibility that I've been reading online......does it mean that the spare key will work? Had no idea the car could do that!! Clueless on this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's one possibility that I've been reading online......does it mean that the spare key will work? Had no idea the car could do that!! Clueless on this stuff.

No the spare key might not work if the ignition is damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 iamdonie1984

Spare didn't work....it was long shot.

Had the breakdown guy out, he spent 45 mins on it. Reckons its the starter.

Any ideas on cost for repair or replacement? Will be checking a few places tomorrow but just trying to get a feel for the cost. Read in one place it could anything from 200-900 and on another site between 70-100. Can't afford to get ripped off!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement