Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a gas boiler?

Options
  • 07-09-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Just moved into a new house, it has gas heating and I have never used gas before. The gas boiler is a "Baxi Megaflo Compact"
    (It also has a label saying "Megaflow 2 system 24 Compact GA")
    This seems to be the user manual for it http://www.baxi.co.uk/docs/compact_user_mega2.pdf

Sooo..I am wondering what is the best temperature to set it at?

The temp when I press IIII' button is at 62 degrees now...and the temp on the screen is always adjusting up and down around 62-64....(the tap +/- icon shows the tap to be set at 60 degrees)

also the IIII' icon is constantly flashing...it has a tap icon beside it too

I'd appreciate some basics on what the heck I am looking at :)

My landlord, as lovely as he is, is slow to get around to doing things & I am hoping to have this sorted asap as I have little kids in the hosue & baby coming & we'll be needing the heating soon! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Just moved into a new house, it has gas heating and I have never used gas before. The gas boiler is a "Baxi Megaflo Compact"
    (It also has a label saying "Megaflow 2 system 24 Compact GA")
    This seems to be the user manual for it http://www.baxi.co.uk/docs/compact_user_mega2.pdf

Sooo..I am wondering what is the best temperature to set it at?

The temp when I press IIII' button is at 62 degrees now...and the temp on the screen is always adjusting up and down around 62-64....(the tap +/- icon shows the tap to be set at 60 degrees)

also the IIII' icon is constantly flashing...it has a tap icon beside it too

I'd appreciate some basics on what the heck I am looking at :)

My landlord, as lovely as he is, is slow to get around to doing things & I am hoping to have this sorted asap as I have little kids in the hosue & baby coming & we'll be needing the heating soon! Thanks :)

Is your heating working , are your rads and hot water heating
    Do you have a room stat on the walls any where , what are these set at

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

There is no room stat anywhere.

I turned the heating on last night to check it out & the rads got pretty hot & the hot press tank was getting hot (not as hot as immersion gets it)

I guess I am looking for an efficient temp to set the rads at....we have no electric shower so we have been using the immersion all along for our hot water needs. The hot water tank, even though it has a lagging jacket on it, doesn't keep the water hot for long after switching it on so we generally turn it on 20 mins before we need it each time...so I am thinking would it be more efficient to turn off the hot water from the gas & keep using the immersion...

Also what is a condenser boiler...is mine one?

Thanks so much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

There is no room stat anywhere.

I turned the heating on last night to check it out & the rads got pretty hot & the hot press tank was getting hot (not as hot as immersion gets it)

I guess I am looking for an efficient temp to set the rads at....we have no electric shower so we have been using the immersion all along for our hot water needs. The hot water tank, even though it has a lagging jacket on it, doesn't keep the water hot for long after switching it on so we generally turn it on 20 mins before we need it each time...so I am thinking would it be more efficient to turn off the hot water from the gas & keep using the immersion...

Also what is a condenser boiler...is mine one?

Thanks so much for your help :)

With the weather changing soon you are going to be using your heating again which is going to be heating your water at the same time , so there will be no need to be using your immersion , immersions are the most expensive way to heat your water .

Your boiler is a condensing gas boiler , it is baxi most current boiler.

Sorry to be dragging this up again...but any idea on how I will know how much gas is left in my tank? :) (It sees the user manual in my link above has been deleted...I can't find another one anywhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Sorry to be dragging this up again...but any idea on how I will know how much gas is left in my tank? :) (It sees the user manual in my link above has been deleted...I can't find another one anywhere)

Presuming you have a LPG Bulk Storage tank, there is a fill level gauge on the tank. Depending on the tank you have, there should be a large metal box type lid on it. It is hinged. Lift up & the level indicator gauge is located there.

• Advertisement

Thanks...I did that and all is see are three or four valve type things, no gauge that I can see...(it is an LPG above ground tank with hinged box on top)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Take a picture.

Advertisement