Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Phone from Amazon.de

Options
  • 07-09-2013 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying this Samsung Galaxy S4 from amazo.de

I've never really got anything as expensive off amazon before so I just wanted to know going by the link above I'm actually buying this from Amazon themselves right? I'd assume they would send out legit products, as in brand new, un-opened from Samsung and not some dodgy one that may get blacklisted?

Do I have any other issues I'm not thinking of by this buying from Germany?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Herrick wrote: »
    ...I just wanted to know going by the link above I'm actually buying this from Amazon themselves right?
    Yes, "Auf Lager. Verkauf und Versand durch Amazon. Geschenkverpackung verfügbar." translates to "In stock. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I bought a Samsung Ativ S from Amazon.de a few weeks ago

The phone was shipped from Amazon in Italy and was delivered quite quickly

The only difference between the phones bought from Amazon.co.uk and .de would be the power adapter (EU v UK) , the writing on the box was even in English

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Thanks guys, that has helped a bunch! :)

So the only thing I have to do really is buy a separate UK charger?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could use the usb, buy a complete new charger with it, or just buy an European to UK adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Note that you will not pay the price announced on the amazon.de website. They will charge you the Irish 23% VAT instead of the German 19% VAT.

Advertisement