Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google play on Chinese phone

Options
  • 07-09-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭

Hi bought a chinese phone lenovo s820, I rooted it but I cant seem to be able to put a google account on it for google play and maps.

Any help guys?

Cheers

I dont want to flash a new rom on it also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭FamousBelgian

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Hi bought a chinese phone lenovo s820, I rooted it but I cant seem to be able to put a google account on it for google play and maps.

Any help guys?

Cheers

I dont want to flash a new rom on it also

Did you ever solve this problem?

I just got the same phone from China and it was already rooted with Google apps installed and working. But despite switching to English (with bad translations) there was still a lot of Chinese. Also Lenovo updates didn't work.
    I googled around and found the standard non-Chinese ROM and instructions on how to flash.
    That went smoothly and now I have a perfect phone with an almost stock Android 4.2.1. Flashing a new ROM is the only way to go; the Chinese ROM is basically unusable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 watalee

there are so many edit rom with google module inside for this smartphone in china, i used this phone, tell me if you want any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Sorry for jumping in guys but can anyone tell me how can i root lenovo a 850. I have no idea how this works so if you can give me step by step instructions will be great. Tried googling with no luck,

aspasp1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping in guys but can anyone tell me how can i root lenovo a 850. I have no idea how this works so if you can give me step by step instructions will be great. Tried googling with no luck,

aspasp1

Try www.modaco.com. Every phone is discussed there. And a myriad of roms with full install instructions.

Advertisement