Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone play Minecraft on a Mac?

• 07-09-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in getting Minecraft, but was wondering if anyone here plays it on a Macbook? I know it can be played, but I was wondering if it's a pain in the hole considering there's no right-click button on some (including the one I have access to)? Is it just as easy to use with Minecraft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No, but from what I've read online, the Ctrl+Click = right-click trick still works in Minecraft. Or you could buy a cheap 2-button USB mouse ... ;)

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

bnt wrote: »
    No, but from what I've read online, the Ctrl+Click = right-click trick still works in Minecraft. Or you could buy a cheap 2-button USB mouse ... ;)

I was thinking the Ctrl (or CMD, I think it is) + click would work, was sorta wondering if it'd get in the way of the flow. But that's a good point about the USB mouse, thank you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I played it on my MacBook Pro while I was away for a few months. I just bought a cheap mouse and it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

You don't need to buy a two button mouse to right click with a mac mouse. Just go to system preferences and set it up to have a secondary mouse button on the right hand side.

Also you're playing on a Macbook so why not go into the touchpad settings and set up a two finger tap right click? As far as I remember it's a little annoying when you might need to right click and hold but it is manageable! :)

Edit: If you're playing on your lap be careful not to burn your leg off

Advertisement