Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Fishing Gear

Options
  • 07-09-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello,

I have a great aunt who is in her nineties. Her husband, a keen fisherman died a number of years ago and there has been a few rods and about 8 boxes of fishing gear sitting in my parents home for years. My aunt is convinced all the gear is top notch and does not want to give it away (she has come up with the figure of €300).

I would put the majority of the gear as coming from 60s/70s but some of the boxes look like they may be much older (this is my uneducated guess though). It look likes a potential treasure trove to an enthusiast. I have zero fishing knowledge though.

Is there an interest in gear like this and if so where could I get it accurately valued? Condition is generally top notch.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gruser

Thanks. Neither of those links work for me?

Also I should have stated I am in Dublin-anywhere in Dublin that would take a look for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

You might be on to a good thing, I am always afraid that when i die, my wife will sell my gear based on what she thinks I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gruser

Those links now work, many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

If you can list the rod, reels makes and models we might be able to help.

some old gear is valuable and some not. A lot depends on the make and desirability too.

I have a load of old reels and rods up to 60/70 years old but I looked into it and most of them are worth feck all. There is a glut of old rods on the UK market. It would need to be a rare example to have much value

• Advertisement
Advertisement