Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C:\trojanhorsevirus.exe showing up as an available wifi network

Options
  • 07-09-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

C:\trojanhorsevirus.exe is currently showing up as the name of an available wi if network on all computers in the house ( including IPads and IPhones). This is something that has only happened sometime in the past week.

The strange thing is that it will show up at the top of the list each time despite the signal strength being lower than our own network.

I tried to google it but nothing concrete is coming up. Is this something to worry about or something as simple as a neighbour being devious with the name of their network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Footoo wrote: »
    something as simple as a neighbour being devious with the name of their network?

Just this I'm sure, nothing to worry about other than how to boost your own signal strength :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

cormie wrote: »
    Just this I'm sure, nothing to worry about other than how to boost your own signal strength :D

Thought so really. Just wanted to make sure. Our signal strenght is fine but that network was jumping it on the list. All seems to be well now.

Advertisement