Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Flash Player

Options
  • 06-09-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Is there any app that will do the exact same thing as Adobe flash player? I have the Asus Transformer Prime and trying to watch video's from web sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Well you could use Adobe Flash Player, its available on the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

From the description:
    In order to give you a free app and keep developing more free apps in the future, we are integrating a search tool to our application. This will add a few access points to your device (hence the permissions) to direct you to the web search service. Please consider using the search to help us keep creating apps. You may delete the search icon, bookmark and homepage easily. Thank you.
    And the developer is called "Flash Player for Android"

Avoid this at all costs.

Also, avoid all Flash Player apps on Google Play - Adobe don't provide it from there anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

So does that mean an android device like im using now ( samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1) cannot use flash, or indeed java

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Have a look at this ...

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

adobe flash archived.

pick for android

dharn wrote: »
    So does that mean an android device like im using now ( samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1) cannot use flash, or indeed java

Adobe won't support Flash Player for Android versions greater than 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich). If it works on your Jelly Bean or above device, that's fine but as time goes on it will start to break and Adobe will not fix it.

What do you mean by using Java on Android? Java (the language) is used to write Android apps, but Android cannot run Java applets embedded in webpages. Remember that Android uses the Dalvik VM, not the Oracle JVM to run applications.

EDIT: If you mean JavaScript, that's totally different to Java. JS is either used by your web browser, or can also be used with server-side frameworks like Node.js.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Thanks for your reply, I tried to open danske bank site it requires java which this device cannot seem to manage either, I can use the danske app but it has limited usefulness

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Adobe won't support Flash Player for Android versions greater than 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich). If it works on your Jelly Bean or above device, that's fine but as time goes on it will start to break and Adobe will not fix it.

What do you mean by using Java on Android? Java (the language) is used to write Android apps, but Android cannot run Java applets embedded in webpages. Remember that Android uses the Dalvik VM, not the Oracle JVM to run applications.

EDIT: If you mean JavaScript, that's totally different to Java. JS is either used by your web browser, or can also be used with server-side frameworks like Node.js.

It works perfectly on my new galaxy note 2. I.e. jellybean 4.2

• Advertisement

It works perfectly on my new galaxy note 2. I.e. jellybean 4.2

I never said Flash Player wouldn't work with Jelly Bean. Flash may not work with newer Android releases and in that case Adobe will not fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

So in other words I won't be watching videos from Web pages, I also can't get sky go, I get a message saying my device does not support it.

So in other words I won't be watching videos from Web pages, I also can't get sky go, I get a message saying my device does not support it.

Sky Go is a different case, Sky choose only to support specific devices for their Android app.

For watching other Flash-enabled content, try sideloading the Android Flash app from the link in this post. While Adobe may not support Flash on Android anymore there is still a good chance the plugin will work on your tablet.

You'll still get video content from sites that support HTML5 video and native Android apps (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion to name a few)

Sky Go is a different case, Sky choose only to support specific devices for their Android app.

For watching other Flash-enabled content, try sideloading the Android Flash app from the link in this post. While Adobe may not support Flash on Android anymore there is still a good chance the plugin will work on your tablet.

You'll still get video content from sites that support HTML5 video and native Android apps (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion to name a few)

I did the security thing and tried to download adobe from here http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html using Firefox but still getting the same message "your device does not support this content"

Are plugins enabled in Firefox settings?

Got this sorted, cheers

Advertisement