Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem after motherboard change.

Options
  • 06-09-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Some advice needed.

Laptop Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65.

I've received new motherboard (refurbished one) from China, after i put everything back, and started , screen light up(backlight comes up) , but nothing show up.

Connected up external monitor, everything is working fine. What could be problem ?? Would that be LCD cable fault ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can i ask, what was wrong with the original motherboard?

Try opening the lid slowly, a small a bit at a time, and tap the power button every 1 second, or for every small bit you open the screen.
    If that works it may be a problem with the sensor, telling the laptop that it's shut.
    That is an older problem/solution, but still works on many newer models.

Sorry if this seems obvious:
    Have you checked the cable going directly into the back of the screen is attached correctly?
    Or onto the Motherboard?
    Are any of the cables loose between the base and screen, or are any cables damaged that run through the hinge cover?

Is the Graphics card loose/installed correctly and drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Allyall wrote: »
    Can i ask, what was wrong with the original motherboard?

Try opening the lid slowly, a small a bit at a time, and tap the power button every 1 second, or for every small bit you open the screen.
    If that works it may be a problem with the sensor, telling the laptop that it's shut.
    That is an older problem/solution, but still works on many newer models.

Sorry if this seems obvious:
    Have you checked the cable going directly into the back of the screen is attached correctly?
    Or onto the Motherboard?
    Are any of the cables loose between the base and screen, or are any cables damaged that run through the hinge cover?

Is the Graphics card loose/installed correctly and drivers?

Well, tried that, no avail, i didnt assembly completely, just motherbord fitted in bottom case and connected screen. As i said , on external monitor it does work fine. I stripped wire, but i didnt found any broken wire. Checked connections at the back of screen, all good, even with stripped wire, it acting same. Old board was badly liquid damaged, it was cutting off itself, after cleaning, it doesnt fire up, no any lights come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

This is the disassembly manual, you probably have it, but worth looking over.
    ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/CS070A00/en_tj_disassembly.pdf
    and here is the Service Manual - Both are PDF's.
    Page 141 onwards may help.
    http://tim.id.au/laptops/packardbell/easynote%20lj65.pdf

Advertisement