Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt

Options
  • 06-09-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,Im new here,seems to be a few PJ fans on here,so here goes.

Pearl Jammers what are your expectations on a Lightning Bolt European Tour in 2014?
    I'm optimistic this will happen with a Dublin and/or Belfast gig,since we were overlooked in 2010.
    Realistic or unrealistic hope?What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Marquee all the way , please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Preferably something that won't sell out in 10 minutes. Maybe they could try what Springsteen did and play a few venues outside Dublin?
    Would they be "too big" for an Electric Picnic headline? Probably not that type of band though.
    Probably not big enough for a stadium gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Wish they'd play Slane again with Biffy Supporting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Could they be any more unoriginal with the lightning bolt? Erm, cough, Killers - Battle Born, cough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wish they'd play Slane again with Biffy Supporting :D

I'd be front row centre for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Could they be any more unoriginal with the lightning bolt? Erm, cough, Killers - Battle Born, cough

Comparing PJ to The Killers? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

God I hope its not a festival / Slane appearance... no, a nice O2 slot would do me nicely. Maybe two nights, so there's an ease on the demand for tickets.

....so there's an ease on the demand for tickets.

I live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Went to Manchester the last time out. They should play an outdoor gig here such is the demand for tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Would. like to see them at a festival on a warm sunny day.. if they where to play Electric picnic that would be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Not a festival, just an outdoor gig. Festivals involve other bands and big ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

everything involves big ticket prices these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MaxwellsHammer

seachto7 wrote: »
    Preferably something that won't sell out in 10 minutes. Maybe they could try what Springsteen did and play a few venues outside Dublin?
    Would they be "too big" for an Electric Picnic headline? Probably not that type of band though.
    Probably not big enough for a stadium gig...

13,500 O2 tickets went in minutes but a stadium's a big jump so I'm not sure. There's a Wexford PJ tribute band playing Fred's in Cork this weekend. I might have a few too many beers and take a peak.

Maybe Thomond Park or Nolan Park. Would be brilliant. I have to see them money permitting....!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,132 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

13,500 O2 tickets went in minutes but a stadium's a big jump so I'm not sure. There's a Wexford PJ tribute band playing Fred's in Cork this weekend. I might have a few too many beers and take a peak.

5against1 they called. Would definitely go but not around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I bought it today. It's a bit...meh.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shane.

bit mellow for pearl jam but i say it will also grow, learned sirens on guitar today....nice song

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Aotearoa

its rancid.

It's a grower. I started this thread having listened to it once and was very disappointed. I quite like it now :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I like it - it's a grower.

FYI - there is a pretty long discussion about the album and other PJ stuff in the Rock/Metal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I love the new album. Like you I thought it was so-so with only a few goods songs the first few times I listened to it but can safely say I love every track having now listened to it a lot if times.

It made me think though. If it wasn't Pearl Jam I might not have given it a good few listens after the first time. Maybe that's why I find it hard to get into new bands because usually if I don't like a new album the first time I hear it I tend to not give it much of a go. But maybe a lot of albums just need a bit of time to grow.....

FYI - there is a pretty long discussion about the album and other PJ stuff in the Rock/Metal forum.

Cheers. Just caught up with it :)
    It made me think though. If it wasn't Pearl Jam I might not have given it a good few listens after the first time. Maybe that's why I find it hard to get into new bands because usually if I don't like a new album the first time I hear it I tend to not give it much of a go. But maybe a lot of albums just need a bit of time to grow.....

Funny, I was thinking the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pretty disappointed with it to be honest, lot of uninspired stuff on there. Lot of the songwriting sounds like going through the motions. The album as a whole is a little all over the place, no structure at all to it, it was promising when I heard Sirens but a lot of it is middle of the road stuff.

There's a lyric in 'Let The Records Play' that sums up the last few years of PJ

"I been down and I fell so hard and far from grace.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PJLove

How good would it be to hear "Getaway" on the setlist!I really love that song,opening riff is deadly!

Lightning Bolt (song) is the worst,I cant see it growing on me at all.Sleeping by myself should have stayed on Ed's solo Uke album,feel a bit cheated with that one in there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

that single is awful s.hite imo.

Advertisement