Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light shop Dublin

Options
  • 06-09-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a light shop in Dublin with plenty of choice. Will be in Dublin shortly and looking for some ceiling light shades for my kitchen. Have very poor choice in my local area - Woodies, Homebase etc - no proper light shop. Will have a car and would like a suggestion outside the city centre i.e Blancharstown, Liffey Valley etc.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Can anyone recommend a light shop in Dublin with plenty of choice. Will be in Dublin shortly and looking for some ceiling light shades for my kitchen. Have very poor choice in my local area - Woodies, Homebase etc - no proper light shop. Will have a car and would like a suggestion outside the city centre i.e Blancharstown, Liffey Valley etc.

Robus/LED
    Western Retail Park
    Nangor Road
    Dublin 12, Ireland

http://www.ledgrouprobus.com/

Big showroom open to the public and very good range too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Ikea all the way!

Ikea all the way!

Ikea are good allright....bought some tall floor lamps,small bedside table lamps and a large ceiling light fitting for the master bedroom.

They also sell LED lightbulbs for not alot of euros too.Nice warm white light from them too.:)

Ikea also has a sale/clearence section where they sell off various end of production run products.

I bought 2 nice reading lamps for a tenner each last month.

They had lots of large floor lamps,ceiling light fixtures and lamp shades on sale there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Illumination in Swords if you are looking for nicer stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

There is one there beside the Brazen Head on Bridge Street Lower. It think it is called Hicken Lighting. Also there is a dedicated light shop in Ternure. Turn left at the crossroads on the way out to Rathfarnham and it is up on the left hand side. Can't remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭firiesclose

thanks for all suggestions but no luck with them really. Ikea don't have what I'm looking for. Had a look at Robus but it seems to be LED lights and light fittings - no shades. Nothing on Illumation website. Hicken looks promising. I'm looking for a brushed chrome ceiling light shade.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mickyellow

I have used the following places before for lighting:

1. National Lighting (Nangor Road) - Great selection & nice showroom. On the pricey side though

2. Stillorgan Decor - fairly good selection. Always have specials (ex demo lighting etc on sale)

3. Falks Lighting Terenure. Haven't been here in a number of years but this store has been going for years.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There's also Hall Of Lights in Harolds Cross. Think they are still in business, haven't been down that way in a while.

thanks so much, thats loads to go with.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Tow

mickyellow wrote: »
    3. Falks Lighting Terenure. Haven't been here in a number of years but this store has been going for years.

Closed down a couple of years ago.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Illuminations website does not do their huge range of stuff justice.

Tow wrote: »
    Closed down a couple of years ago.

They also used to have another showroom out in the Howth/Coast Road......it also closed down around the same time as their main place.
    I had a look in it before,but found to be rather expensive compared to other light shops and showrooms.

Its now a Pizza Shop and a builders/double glazing showroom.

Called into National Lighting and Illumination and both had great choice. Saw light fittings / shades in National Lighting that were considerably cheaper in Illumination !! Found exactly what I was looking for and more in Illumination, spoke with Kevin who was very helpful. Not only do they offer a great range of stock, competitive prices but they deliver FREE to anywhere in Ireland and UK. Thanks again for all replies....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know where to buy outdoor festoon lighting cheap???

Advertisement