Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get coupons?

Options
  • 06-09-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Is there any one website that has lots of different coupons?

I used to use pigsback and bubblegum.ie, but bubblegum is gone and pigsback isn't as good as it used to be.

Or is there any company I could register with that would post me out vouchers because the ink in the printer is getting low.

Also, if I wrote a letter to a few company's saying how much I love their product, would they send me vouchers or even a free box of stuff? Anybody tried that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

Vouch for you Ireland on Facebook is newly set up. Seen it on here and people will post up links in the comment section to vouchers they've found.
    I've tried to get in touch with companies to see if they'll send coupons out but only big Al's did. The rest either ignored or just said thanks for the feed back!
    Coupons in Ireland are like gold dust. I've trawled the Internet for hours at a time and only find a couple!
    They actually should do a book of vouchers like America on a Sunday in all the papers to use in the main supermarkets with a good date on it which possibly would get people spending in them. Better than spending nothing at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bammer the slammer

What a great idea, but it is Ireland and company's here do not use clever ideas like yours. Pity..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nicolaod

found the same myself coupons are impossible to find in ireland although i took one tip from the american extreme couponing. i emailed a few irish food company's like bread and cheese in the emails i said i am a faithful customer and i love purchasing their products although with a ressesion and a small child i was finding it hard not to switch to cheaper alternative products and if they had any vouchers i would be able to use.left my address on it and two weeks later i had money off coupons for bread cheese milk meat and some irish cereals this does take awhile to send off and write the emails but try it it definatly works

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

I have done that myself but I find if I write a letter I get on better I even got tea bags from England and vouchers for tin fish which I love this week every thing helps keep the presses full :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I e-mailed DANONE over a week ago requesting vouchers or money off coupons for Actimel & no reply to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

I found a lump of mould in a dairy product (still well in date) about 6 months ago so I emailed the company, with attached photos. They replied apologising profusely and asked for my address, which I of course gave.

They sent me a tea towel.

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kayraa

Is their an actual thread where we can post companies who have emailed us back with or without coupons?
    I took the hint of extreme couponing myself also and have emailed a few companies so far but I'm finding it hard to think of companies lol Nestle got back to me with a big no can do, said they would loose too much money :)

Hey all, so I emailed Actimel and they are sending me out vouchers in the post Unfortunately they are the only ones so far that got back to me agreeing to send me some. I am still waiting to hear form others though so fingers crossed

I emailed barry's tea two days ago and today they sent me out a letter and a free box of tea bags saying they had no vouchers and hoped I enjoy their complementary box of tea bags :D I'd say a bit of a win lol

I got a €5 Danone voucher and a 60c coupon in the mail today, also got big al's coupons and yazoo coupons :)

• Advertisement

Kellogs just emailed me back saying they are sending me out a €4 coupon for their cereal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ThatFellaJohn

Is pigsback still in operation? they were great for coupons!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Kayraa wrote: »
    I emailed barry's tea two days ago and today they sent me out a letter and a free box of tea bags saying they had no vouchers and hoped I enjoy their complementary box of tea bags :D I'd say a bit of a win lol

What are you saying in the emails that gets you free stuff and vouchers?

What are you saying in the emails that gets you free stuff and vouchers?

I just say, I am a faithful customer and i love purchasing your products although with a recession I am finding it hard not to switch to cheaper alternative products, if you have any vouchers i would be able to use that would be great. Even ones online I can print.

and then I put my address and end it with Regard's Kayraa :)

Is pigsback still in operation? they were great for coupons!

yup but there's only two coupons atm :)

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/39/218.aspx?pbq=403%2c403%2cVOVSP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

register for supersavvyme.co.uk when you go to coupons click on the euro sign at the top of the page, don't know how often they change them. Also keep an eye on product websites, sometimes they do some.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

Is anybody having problems printing these coupons? I've tried to print them but not able to. Have done test print prior which was okay but still not able to print coupons. Any advise? thank you

maria11 wrote: »
    Is anybody having problems printing these coupons? I've tried to print them but not able to. Have done test print prior which was okay but still not able to print coupons. Any advise? thank you

The same happened me so I switched from FireFox browser to google chrome and now it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭downesy

The same happened me so I switched from FireFox browser to google chrome and now it works :)

Thanks for that, I've been trying to print these for ages, finally managed to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

• Advertisement

http://www.plenty.ie/Coupons/

60cent off of Plenty Kitchen towels

There's an Aldi voucher in today's Irish Independent Newspaper for €10 off when you spend €50 or more, for anyone who's interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Is This the Aldi Voucher? it can also be used in Tesco

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Is This the Aldi Voucher? it can also be used in Tesco

Yes I didn't realize I left that part out lol Really? I didn't hear of that. I prefer to shop in Tesco so this would be great for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maria11

I use chrome and still can't print them.. I haven't got a clue what I am doing wrong...!any idea?

maria11 wrote: »
    I use chrome and still can't print them.. I haven't got a clue what I am doing wrong...!any idea?

Have you made sure you haven't got pop up's blocked? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bobbyn

Just found a new page on Facebook- Coupon & Deals Ireland
    They seem to be pretty up to date with offers and I saw today they had a link for free butter. Gonna try that out later

Bobbyn wrote: »
    Just found a new page on Facebook- Coupon & Deals Ireland
    They seem to be pretty up to date with offers and I saw today they had a link for free butter. Gonna try that out later

do you have a link as searching the name came up with nothing :)

I was just thinking, in america they get coupons in magazines and newspapers too. Is there anything like that here in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

The Tesco mag for May has 1 euro off Betty Crocker not much but it is something I hope it will be like the UK one soon with pages of money off offers :)

Advertisement