Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card

Options
  • 06-09-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into getting one of these. Has anyone any experience on what they are like? It seems like a no brainer if I can use it the way I think I can:

- Use Tesco cc to make a purchase
    - Get home, logon to mybills.ie & use my debit card to pay off the cc balance

I'm I right in my above assumption? The one aspect that was putting me off the idea was that I would have to wait for the monthly statement and then one payment a month. By using mybills.ie and linking the Tesco cc with my BOI visa debit card/bank account, can I pay the Tesco cc balance as I go?

If I were to make a purchase with the Tesco cc, would it appear immediately on mybills.ie or would there be a big delay?

If the above works the way I think it does, I'll just put my BOI visa debit card into the cupboard and manage it all through mybills.ie. Should rack up loads of points!!

Could someone clarify if the above is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think you misunderstand what mybills.ie does, you won't see purchases made with your Tesco CC on mybills.ie, all that mybills.ie allows you to do is to make a payment to your Tesco CC at any time you wish with either a debit card or a direct debit. You won't see any balance information or bills there.

But in principle you can do what you outline above, pay with the tesco card, go home, pay the amount to your tesco card via mybills.ie. Payment on mybills.ie can be done without a bill having been issued by tesco.

Now all you would get with this is the a 0 bill at the end of the month as you already paid all charges, but Tesco might not like you doing payments so frequently and cancel you card.

Advertisement