Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ms Excel 2007 Age Ranges with multiple possible answers

Options
  • 06-09-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am trying to insert a function in Ms Excel 2007 that will result in a possible 4 answers for 4 different age ranges for example

Age Ranges = Team
    10=<12 Results in team U12
    12=<14 Results in Team U14
    14=<16 Results in Team U16

Person, Age, Team,
    x ,11 ,
    y ,13 ,
    z ,15 ,

What function do I use if i want the correct team displayed from the age and this will change regularly if the age is displayed from todays date? I hope my question makes sense? Would appreciate any help on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

There is a few ways to skin the cat. Not a very pretty way, but self contained:
    =IF(B2<10,"Too Young",IF(B2<12,"U12",IF(B2<14,"U14",IF(B2<16,"U16","Too Old"))))

Where of course B2 is the age for whatever row you are on.

Another way could involve putting the age ranges in another part of the sheet and use lookups to decide the team name.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,575 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

If you want to allow for the eligibility of the player as s/he grows older you could use something like the attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

There is a few ways to skin the cat. Not a very pretty way, but self contained:
    =IF(B2<10,"Too Young",IF(B2<12,"U12",IF(B2<14,"U14",IF(B2<16,"U16","Too Old"))))

Where of course B2 is the age for whatever row you are on.

Another way could involve putting the age ranges in another part of the sheet and use lookups to decide the team name.

Cool i have used this to great affect. What I would also like to do is using the Results of the above formula displayed in the cell. Post in a sheet specific to the age Ranges. So there will be one master sheet where i enter the information. Then the corresponding sheets specific to the age ranges will automatically update with the same information. Is this possible? Thanks in advance

Advertisement