Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay Buyer Says Children Used Credit Card W/O Permission

Options
  • 05-09-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm in a bit of a situation here .

A woman has made 14 separate transactions with me over the last 3 days and I have since dispatched 12 of these items .

Today I received a message from her saying her Children used her credit card without her permission and that she was refusing to pay the total amount (She had already payed as it required immediate payment :confused: )

What should I do , tell her it's not my problem and that's it's a fault on her behalf OR tell her to send me back the items and I will refund her ? :cool:

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Your choice.

She could keep her credit card away from the children and change her password to paypal. Sounds to me like buyers remorse. 3 days is a bit of a while before noticing considering she would have got e-mails right away.

What were the items out of interest.

Meant to add. If you have proof of postage or even better registered posting, then you'll be fine. I'll imagine when she says she refuses to pay, she will probably open a paypal dispute.

Tell her to send the items back and she pays for cost of postage back to you and the cost to you of the postage and you'll refund the cost of the item itsself. If it's genuine that the kids used it, she should at the least be footing the bill for postage for being stupid to allow them into that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Yawns wrote: »
    Meant to add. If you have proof of postage or even better registered posting, then you'll be fine. I'll imagine when she says she refuses to pay, she will probably open a paypal dispute.

Tell her to send the items back and she pays for cost of postage back to you and the cost to you of the postage and you'll refund the cost of the item itsself. If it's genuine that the kids used it, she should at the least be footing the bill for postage for being stupid to allow them into that situation.

The items were silicone wristbands.

I don't have any proof of postage .

I guess I'll get her to send them back and get her to pay me back the original postage cost too(I do free shipping )

Try to keep that 100% feedback :)

Yup best bet is to try that. If you have no proof of postage she could open a dispute for non delivery of items and you'd be out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Yup best bet is to try that. If you have no proof of postage she could open a dispute for non delivery of items and you'd be out of pocket.

Yep,Will get back to her tommorow .

Thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Your choice.

She could keep her credit card away from the children and change her password to paypal. Sounds to me like buyers remorse. 3 days is a bit of a while before noticing considering she would have got e-mails right away.

What were the items out of interest.

3 days is not a lot really, some people don't check their emails from 1 week to the next. I know i've been guilty of this.

I'd agree she pays for posting the stuff back to you and you refund the money but not until you have received the stuff even if she sends you proof of posting, it'll teach her a lesson to be more careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Shocking! Children should not use credit cards without permission.

Anyway, perhaps someone here can give me some advice about how to register with ebay. First I filled the reg form but it kept asking me to put the correct info in the highlighted field - my first name was highlighted! I tried putting in my second name but it still wouldn`t believe me. I then clicked the links that said I forgot my username and password in case I had registered years ago (I think I did but probably with a different email address) and ebay did not send an email of any kind which is annoying - normally you would expect some sort of automated response. Ebay experts - I await you wisdom and guidance.

Advertisement