Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming from PC to laptop

Options
  • 05-09-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to stream me games from the PC to the laptop but can't find a solution googling. The PC is beside the sitting room TV and me laptop will be at the other end of the room, I use an xbox wireless controller so all the input will still be in the PC. I thought maybe a gigabyte cable and a remote desktop porgram could be my solution but everything I've read states otherwise. Would love to be able to game while the kids watch Disney.

Does anyone have any experience with this or am I out of luck.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not sure if there's anything that would do exactly what you want in the way that you want to do it, but you may be able to get something like http://games.onlive.com/ working to achieve a similar result.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Onlive games are run through their servers, I was hoping to stream the pc video output straight from my own laptop. I could always get a long hdmi cable and a portable tv but I was hoping to be able to use my laptop. I've done a fair bit of searching and it seems the only was is a remote desktop client but the lag would be an issue.

Advertisement