Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V on PC?

Options
  • 05-09-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

any plans for this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

No proper announcement, but previous GTA games have been released on PC, so GTA V will make its way here eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Rockstars official line was that they were 'looking into a pc port' but during an interview discussing future game releases NVIDIA's Chris Evenden (senior director of investor relations) said "Gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto V and Assassin's Creed IV". Afterwards they printed a retraction saying he meant that these were titles he hoped see come to pc, rather than they actually being confirmed titles.

Take from that what you will but I think its bound to hit PC at some stage or another - probably after a few months and riddled with bug, as is the R* way of PC ports.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well it's not going to be any time soon. I'd expect it will eventually be avail on PC, but that could be anywhere from 6 months - 2 years after launched on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well it's not going to be any time soon. I'd expect it will eventually be avail on PC, but that could be anywhere from 6 months - 2 years after launched on consoles.
    Nooooooo!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I hope so.

But I do not think 'Red Dead Redemption' came to the PC did it?

Bit of a disgrace about GTA really, didnt it first start out on the PC, back in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

I read at some point in the last few months they hired a team to port it to PC, but I forget where and if it's even reliable.
    It won't be in November I'm sure of that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fúcking pisses me off. So many games launch with a PC version the same time as the consoles and a game with the selling power of GTA could easily do the same. They would still sell several boatloads of copies on console regardless of what was happening with the PC version. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Mostly it's just strange.
    If it was developed for PCs properly I can't see how it wouldn't be one of the top selling PC games every year an iteration came out.

It's not like "PC gamers who like GTA" is a niche market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It'll almost definitely be March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think if it was just a one player game I'd be more worried but the online game is ideal for PC and you'll probably find that most of the content would appear after the PC version comes out and the PC modders get their hands on it. PC mods like Day Z show how a mod can extend the sales of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It'll definitely be coming to PC, but fùck knows when we'll see it. I'd imagine around March / April, at earliest anyways.

On Sept 17th, I know this will be me while watching gameplay vids of it on Youtube:
    computer-crying.gif

Duggy747 wrote: »
    It'll definitely be coming to PC, but fùck knows when we'll see it. I'd imagine around March / April, at earliest anyways.

On Sept 17th, I know this will be me while watching gameplay vids of it on Youtube:
    computer-crying.gif

If it's any solace, you'll also be getting sick into your mouth at how terrible the graphics look.:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 20 PatMustard5

The biggest money is made from consoles. I guess they think PC Users will just download the game for free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

computer-crying.gif

is he the master of regret?

see how many nerds get that joke

The biggest money is made from consoles. I guess they think PC Users will just download the game for free

I doubt they're that ill-informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sell GTA V to sh|tty consoles: PROFIT.
    New console release.
    Sell GTA V to new consoles: PROFIT.
    Sell GTA V to people who already bought it for the first console: more PROFIT.

As it's already written in x86 for the consoles, and has shiny graphics, release on the PC: PROFIT.

So yeah, it'll come out on the PC, but only after the console players have their wallets taken off them by R*, many, many times... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

tampler wrote: »
    No proper announcement, but previous GTA games have been released on PC, so GTA V will make its way here eventually.

Well considering that RDR never made it to PC, I wouldn't be hugely confident about GTA V yet. If it does come to PC, it will take it's sweet-ass time because for some reason Rockstar treat the PC like some kind of leper console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Due to the piracy of GTA IV on PC there's a good chance GTA V will never be ported over from consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

If it's going to be next March then just say so. they just want us to double dip and get it for xbox/ ps3 AND then for our PCs next spring. Annoyance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

C14N wrote: »
    Well considering that RDR never made it to PC, I wouldn't be hugely confident about GTA V yet. If it does come to PC, it will take it's sweet-ass time because for some reason Rockstar treat the PC like some kind of leper console.

RDR didnt make it to PC because the code was a mess, a complete mess. It would have needed to have been re coded to work on pc. It was done by one of the newer Dev houses that have little experience with pc too iirc

to date it is the only non exclusive console R* (GTA stories and Chinatown wars being exclusive or Portable) game that hasnt got a pc release afaik.

If they're taking more time to optimise the game then fair enough GTA ran like Dog**** on almost everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

tumblr_mjojfsRqcm1rrlq03o1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Due to the piracy of GTA IV on PC there's a good chance GTA V will never be ported over from consoles.

One of the main reasons it was pirated so heavily was because PC gamers felt Rockstar didnt give a **** about them so why give them money? Your gonna have the same situation again this time around you think they would learn?

VinLieger wrote: »
    One of the main reasons it was pirated so heavily was because PC gamers felt Rockstar didnt give a **** about them so why give them money? Your gonna have the same situation again this time around you think they would learn?

The PC market was also smaller back then. There was no demo to ensure you could run the game as the requirments were understated and the game has many issues

I pirated the game to see i could run it when i saw i could i bought it (ofc doesnt rule out standard piracy)

If they came out and said the game was delayed for x months because they want to optimise the game and promise it will run better than gta IV then fine keeping quite is a sign they're hoping for double purchasing by customers

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭thegame983

NTMK wrote: »
    If they came out and said the game was delayed for x months because they want to optimise the game and promise it will run better than gta IV then fine keeping quite is a sign they're hoping for double purchasing by customers

Yeah it does seem like they're doing this. I'll get it if I can get a crafty trade 2 games in and get it for a tenner otherwise I'll wait. HMV on henry St. is open today I might run up and see if they have any good trade deals. Xtra vision do but there isn't one in town

• Registered Users Posts: 53,955 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im actually going to buy a xbox 360 to play GTA

Bit gutted that I have to since I only play games on the pc

thegame983 wrote: »
    Yeah it does seem like they're doing this. I'll get it if I can get a crafty trade 2 games in and get it for a tenner otherwise I'll wait. HMV on henry St. is open today I might run up and see if they have any good trade deals. Xtra vision do but there isn't one in town

I honestly wouldnt be hold my breath on HMV having healthy stock. I've been living in england since March and the HMV's are only getting back to normal stock pre administration

There game shelves were fairly dire with no new games for Nintendo consoles and only new EA titles on Xbox/360 might be differnet in Ireland since all stock was moved but its good to see they're back

as for GTA V i wont be playing it until its out on PC as i currently dont have a console to play it and im not buying a PS3 now only to buy a PS4 in 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

It will come to PC, just delayed. With the whole digital keys boom, PC market is too big to ignore. If WB decided to release Mortal Kombat on PC and said themselves they were positively surprised with sales, that says something. I don't think there's any reason not to release on PC, unless it's an exclusive deal with Sony or MS, which isn't the case with GTA V. Alan Wake, Brutal Legend, MK, Dark Souls and few others reached PC eventually, even tho it was 2 or more years after console release. I understand costs of porting may be higher for GTA, but sales would also be significantly higher

Also, from facts (rather than speculation) I believe there was a news some time to go about GTA V hiring to 'port a game to PC'. They're not working on anything else atm, so it must be GTA..... or very delayed RDR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

the_syco wrote: »
    As it's already written in x86 for the consoles, and has shiny graphics, release on the PC: PROFIT.
    People really really need to read up on what x86 actually is. :o

As for the PC version in general, with the work that took place on the engine for Max Payne 3 I'd imagine we'll see a better initial launch than GTA IV at least. As for the company in charge of doing the port, I imagine it'll be Rockstar Leeds with additional help from North.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Didn't Nvidia let it slip to investors that it was in the pipeline? Admittedly they immediately claimed they had made a mistake, but interesting nonetheless.

Advertisement